Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:10 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks for talking about Flexx Handlebars! I know a few of you and am sure I've spoke to you if your one of our great customers. Clay sent me a note concerning this thread. I'm happy to answer any questions you have and provide insight where I can. You guys are pretty spot on so far though!

Just a couple of things. As of last summer both the BRP handguard mount and the Cycra handguard for Flexx Handlebars have been updated to bolt directly into our pivot pin with a 10mm bolt. In the past both set ups used an 8mm through bolt that simply had to much leverage on it to handle the abuse accordingly. The 10mm bolt threaded into the pivot pin of the updated offerings have the structural integrity required, eliminating all bolt issues previously experienced.

We do offer 10mm update kits for the Cycra option.

The Fastway FIT handguard is another great option with one of it's main benefits being it eliminates most of the tweaking of the handguard to sit in the desired position. Similar options are available through BONZ and BRP. This set up does take careful set up as the performance of the Flexx Handlebar can be diminished if the guard is binding. I'm working on a video showing the correct way to install this set up on Flexx Handlebars.

Handguards that mount off of the triple clamp usually will work if set up so the guard does not bind.

Concerning damaging a Flexx Handlebar. Due to the modular construction of the Flexx Handlebar it is easy to assume replaceable parts are available. We do not offer replaceable parts for several reasons. If a main component of the Flexx Handlebar has been damaged the whole system has taken a major shock which could result in a stress riser forming in a separate component than the one showing damage. This stress riser cold allow the bar to fail while you are riding, which is something we want to keep from happening to you. By only offering complete bars we put you in a safer position, which is our #1 concern. We do offer replaceable elastomers, bolts and crossbars.

We are about to release some mounts to more easily mount enduro computers and GPS units. I'll try to post a picture of the computer mount tonight as I have to install my ICO for an enduro this weekend.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns or feedback. Thank you for allowing me to talk about Flexx Handlebars.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:49 PM

I run Flexx bars on my on multiple bikes including my trials bike. For my ICO I just fit up an aluminum plate slightly wider than the crossbars and drilled holes to match up to mounting bolts. I put some fuel line on the crossbars for cushion and bolted it up. 2+ years and no problems.

Old 01-15-2012, 04:55 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Norm,

Are those Cycra center mounts with BRP Mounts??

ED
Old 01-15-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Ventura View Post
Norm,

Are those Cycra center mounts with BRP Mounts??

ED
Yes Ed. A little radical, but works on my narrow bars. I run minis and they have a little bit more cut off.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:37 AM

Yep , I feel the same way(@ Clay) ... I have raced for years only to hear other rave about them and I just thought to my self that is a charlatan trick for sure ! Put a set on my new GG when I first bought it . In fact I bought them from the owner of the dealership (www.chesapeakervsolutions.com). running the First race with only three rides on the bike I would have to say they only added to my experience coming off a Suzuki Convert!!

I do have a question for all of you here and especially "Cole", I have a problem that prohibits the narrowing of the bars to an acceptable width for our east Coast Single track .. " My clutch Master cyl. runs into the transition from round bar to the cast receiver that hooks to the center mount on the assembly .. Any solution offering .. I did not want to grind it or the master cyl. for obvious reasons ??
]| DUAL SPORT ARMORY Suspension
]| Hampton Roads HVAC.com Contracting

"You mean I have to put oil on the gas too?"
" Where is Kutcher ?"
Old 01-16-2012, 04:43 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhuskys View Post
Yes Ed. A little radical, but works on my narrow bars. I run minis and they have a little bit more cut off.
About the Mini Bars, The regular are 32 , the enduro 31 (with the length shorter in the middle) The Mini's are 29, Were do they loose that length?
What fits ? Clutch master or clutch line hit? Norm it looks like your ICO buttons take up all the room, Is That 8mm bolt to the left of the ico buttons the clutch perch

Does it look like those crm would work mountad to saya fastway clamp?

Thanks
ED
Old 01-16-2012, 07:27 AM

In an effort to be more like Clay i installed a set of Flexx bars on Friday. I had previously purchased the bars and a BRP mount so that i could use my existing EE hand guards. Installation went well but was not easy, it took some effort to get it all lined up, but once together it is very solid. I had a question about 2 remaining fasteners after the install so i called Fasst Flexx late on Friday, they did not answer so i left a message. Thinking that that they were probably gone for the week end i continued prepping my bike. Ten minutes later Cole called and answered all of my questions, thanks Cole. I chose a bend that matched my current bars from the Fasst website and they felt perfect. Bars came with the red, hard elastomers installed which i ran but may change to a softer compression insert soon. I raced an enduro on Sunday in which i wrecked at least ten times, i was all over the place, the bars are as new.

P.S. My riding buddy uses the Cyrca bend and mount system, after inspection we both thought the BRP was better.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:51 AM

Spec sheet for the various bends would be good. I know I'll go with the Enduro 10 deg bend. Like a KTM SX or the '07 GG OEM bars I like.

I think these bars are like Pivot Pegs in the sense that they look gimmicky and are not cheap, but are one of the few things that are really worth it and make a difference. Oh well, there goes another $300+.

Looks like Norm's bike also runs a Flex Grip, which takes up room too. Considering this and the ICO switch, and that they fit, I'd say its the center section thats more narrow like other mini bars. This may kill the CRM option as discussed in another thread.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=boyscout;77790]In an effort to be more like Clay

Surely you set your goals higher than that!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:38 PM

He's setting his goals low for 2012. Less pressure to maintain this level of semi-excellance.