Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:01 AM

Default Older GG?

Hey everyone, just curious about your experienced opinions. I have an opportunity to acquire a couple GGs pretty cheap. They are both 2000-2001 ish, EC300 and 250. The 250 is a basket case but the 300 is a runner, needs a little TLC but doesn't appear too bad. Probably use the 250 for spares. Were there any issues with the early 2000s? Were they nice bikes? I ride a lot of rocky singletrack here in AZ. I have a GG trials bike and have access to a dealer, I don't mind doing a little work if it would be a decent bike for my purpose, just wondering about the overall opinion of these things. Thanks.

Old 09-27-2013, 02:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugmoto View Post
Hey everyone, just curious about your experienced opinions. I have an opportunity to acquire a couple GGs pretty cheap. They are both 2000-2001 ish, EC300 and 250. The 250 is a basket case but the 300 is a runner, needs a little TLC but doesn't appear too bad. Probably use the 250 for spares. Were there any issues with the early 2000s? Were they nice bikes? I ride a lot of rocky singletrack here in AZ. I have a GG trials bike and have access to a dealer, I don't mind doing a little work if it would be a decent bike for my purpose, just wondering about the overall opinion of these things. Thanks.
As long as normal maintenance is done you won't find a more rock solid bike. My 97' is still kickin!!! Just set the suspension to handle the rocks here in AZ and you will be good to go.

What dealer are you referring to? if its Hard rock I don't think Mike deals with the enduros?
Old 09-27-2013, 01:40 PM

Thanks. I have heard it depends on what you need as to what Mike can get for the enduros. I know trials stuff is definitely his thing. I may pull the trigger on these bikes. Have you had any issues with parts availability? Where do you usually get stuff for your older GG? Thanks again.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks. I have heard it depends on what you need as to what Mike can get for the enduros. I know trials stuff is definitely his thing. I may pull the trigger on these bikes. Have you had any issues with parts availability? Where do you usually get stuff for your older GG? Thanks again.
I go thru Steve Beane @ Plus One Performance(www.afterhourscycle.com). His tag on here is TwoWheels. Never an issue getting parts thru him and always shows up within 3 days via USPS.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:28 PM

Well I did it. Traded for the two bikes. The 300 is cosmetically a little rough but seems mechanically sound and the 250 is blown up. I have enough nice parts to make one nice bike and have a supply of spares. Looking forward to getting it put together and then back to my other projects. Wish me luck. BTW, thanks for all the great info on this site, I'm sure it will be indispensable.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well I did it. Traded for the two bikes. The 300 is cosmetically a little rough but seems mechanically sound and the 250 is blown up. I have enough nice parts to make one nice bike and have a supply of spares. Looking forward to getting it put together and then back to my other projects. Wish me luck. BTW, thanks for all the great info on this site, I'm sure it will be indispensable.
Congrats, they are fun bikes even to turn wrench's on. Where in AZ are you located?
Old 09-29-2013, 04:47 PM

Westside, Peoria. I always liked my first GG trials bike, easy to work on. Haven't messed with my newest one much. This EC seems the same, looks like a lot of interchangeability with other bikes as well. Should be nice for the kind of riding I like these days.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:45 PM

You consider selling the 250 cylinder and head?
Would even consider damaged parts if repairable.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
There are kits sold to update the bike to the looks of the 2011 models.
http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8741
See this thread. If you want to avoid getting infected with upgrade feaver then don't look
Old 11-23-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin View Post
You consider selling the 250 cylinder and head?
Would even consider damaged parts if repairable.
Yes, probably sell some stuff off soon. I'll take some pics when I can.