Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Suggestion Box

Suggestion Box Help us make this place the best it can be!

Old 02-26-2014, 05:23 AM

Default gas gas freeride !!

I wish gas gas would make a bike like the new ktm 250r freeride , I'd buy one

Old 02-26-2014, 08:24 AM
Banned

They did its called the Cami.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2014, 08:50 AM

Not really, is was called pampera!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:22 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I would be really interested in seeing how both Freerides have performed in the European markets. I've followed the threads on KTMTalk and it sounds like there's a bunch of interest in that type of bike. The decision to not import that bike into the US still confuses me, probably not supported by the financials.

In any event, I'm with you bigtoe, I think that type of bike is what's missing here. There's something to be said about having a bike fully capable of trail riding that isn't specifically meant for enduro or racing.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:13 AM

In Europe and specially Germany the freeride is well known and a lot of people bought it. But what I see is that most of the male riders who bought the 350 are going to the 250 two stroke version right now. It looks like the smoker is better for this concept and better to ride. I never rode it by my self, but I heard that the 350 has problems with the electric starter and the feeling of riding if very strange because if a lot if weight on the front wheel. Some friend of mine bought now the Sherco X-Ride and they are very happy with the bike, maybe the better freeride.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:47 PM

In Brasil we have Cami for 2 years. It's a cheaper enduro machine with lower seat and an easy going engine. Maybe it's the new Pampera.

The Randonne which is based on an trial chassis is more like Orange freeride but 125 4T (looks Yamaha engine) lack power. I have seen some 160cc kit around and an GasGas adversiment of one 200cc version.

http://www.gasgas.com/2013_randonne.htm

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/es/trial/4...5-randonn.html
Brasil!

Last edited by Leo; 02-26-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:31 PM

Bigtoe I am with you, I've been crying for a short, light 2t ENDURO bike for years...

I have modded my EC300 ...shortened suspension, cut seat, etc trying to (unknowingly at the time) create a freeride...

freeride perks: Light (200#), good ground clearance, short seat height, still looks cool.

My gasser: short seat height but is 50# heavier, poor ground clearance now, doesn't look cool anymore.

the 4T cami is still eye candy but over 250#, not bad for 4T but heavy in comparison

I also wish GasGas was listening

Graham Jarvis said it when he said that the spectating general public isn't into trials like they are enduro bikes...enduro bikes "they are straight into" because they look cool. That may be shallow but that is a small part of it for me. A short, light 2T that LOOKS COOL. Can I fit GasGas plastics on a freeride?
Old 02-27-2014, 03:22 AM

I bought an X ride Last year only rode it a few times , but it is a blast ! This year I plated it and it will see a lot more time put onto it for sure . I have owned lots of dirt bikes 40/50 or so ? Never have I had one that is just fun like this bike . I got mine from Scott at www.motoconnection.com he has anotherone in stock great guy would recommend him 5 star kind of guy !
Old 02-27-2014, 07:18 AM
Banned

The gasgas Cami seems on par with its competition, the klx250 and the crf250L. Which are both great bike's with a reasonable price point. I see a few bikes like that around, but think Americans, we like are cars and big trucks to get around in. Just not a big market here for them. Let alone a 2t version of a half breed trials/enduro bike that just plain out right looks strange to people? I'm sure KTM in India has some weird commuter bike that can fit like 6 family members on it!

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2014, 08:09 AM

Have you guys checked out the Ossa explorer? I guess GG is taking over production at their factory. Looks like a fun bike, based on trials, not enduro, it's basically a trials bike with a seat, 6 speed gearbox, lights, and plenty of other bells and whistles (including an alleged 50 mile range). Seems plenty capable as a trail bike to have fun on, but probably not the weapon of choice for racing.