Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:45 AM

Default Front fender brace broken :(

Hey guys, as much as I love my GG, I have one complaint... While enjoying the tracks and trails at Durhamtown, I noticed that the front fender started whacking the tire when I would land from jumps. I did not ever crash the front or bend the brace to this point.

I checked and the little plastic fender brace that connects to the lower triple broke in two. A clean jagged fracture. I temporarily fixed it for now but I will be making an aluminum bracket for this in the near future.

On the other hand, how come the euro bikes have this fender brace and not any of the jap mx'ers? I never had a problem with a jap fender. Should I just get a black jap fender and bolt it up? No offense to an japs on here, Japanese or Jewish American Princesses.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:33 PM

What year bike have you got. Im guessing 2009 - 2010. The newer ones look better but are crap.

I broke 3 braces after getting my 2010. Was getting real shitty about it.
I have since gone to the 2007 model one. The bolt holes are in the Triples to mount it you only have to drill a new hole in your fender. It covers the old hole up too.

Heaps better and havnt broken one yet.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSE.ONE View Post
What year bike have you got. Im guessing 2009 - 2010. The newer ones look better but are crap.

I broke 3 braces after getting my 2010. Was getting real shitty about it.
I have since gone to the 2007 model one. The bolt holes are in the Triples to mount it you only have to drill a new hole in your fender. It covers the old hole up too.

Heaps better and havnt broken one yet.
My 2010 brace is broken as well. By mistake I received the older style, it really fits? It appears to me that the bottom of the headlight mask gets in the way?

J
Old 04-11-2011, 03:48 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Broke mine as well(2010 300),but I did endo the bike
But have been waiting 2 month for another.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg3 View Post
Broke mine as well(2010 300),but I did endo the bike
But have been waiting 2 month for another.
Sorry about that, I break them often, so I bought 5, knowing triumph it was probably the only 5 hey have.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:28 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

...and so starts a dark time in NZ.Having hoarded every spare part in the country,Gas Gas riders nationwide(the 5 of us) are held to ransom by the dark overlord, Noobi the rooster.Seated high upon a throne of fender braces,brake levers,footpegs & some chunky plastic bits claiming to be an electric start,he overlooks his minions (yeah,the same 5) as they bring offerings of Primo iced coffee,Mrs Macs Steak & cheese pies,& ADB magazine.
Damn you Noobi,damn you to hell!
Nah,Might make an ali one
Old 04-11-2011, 11:01 AM

Thanks guys... I see I am not the only one that has broken one. I didn't even crash! I didn't hit any trees, or put any known undue stress on the fender.

I guess I will have to order an older style brace, or make one out of something tougher.

What kills me is that most mx bikes don't have a brace at all, and of all the mx bikes I have ridden I don't recall the fender slapping the front tire.

I'm not a pro rider, I would say fast C slow B pace, I would expect it to hold up to at least that.

It seems like the design is good however the plastic is too brittle.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by husley View Post
My 2010 brace is broken as well. By mistake I received the older style, it really fits? It appears to me that the bottom of the headlight mask gets in the way?
J
Definately fits. Its tight but you can squeeze it in next to the posts on the headlight. There is 2 sets of bolt holes in your tripples.
This is the only pic i have loaded with it. The bike in the middle. Pic should be detailed enough if you zoom in, to check it out.

This is the best fix IMO and still looks good.

I dont think the design of the newer one is any good. Both mine broke without crashing. The plastic dosnt seem to be as good either.