Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-17-2013, 03:13 PM

Default Value

Hello everyone!!

I'm new to the forum but was hoping you guys could answer a question of mine.

I have a 2003 FSE 450 that I purchased from the original owner in 2004. He used it as a dual sport at his cabin in the boonies (mainly for cruising fire roads). I have literally rode it only a couple hours a year (if that). Once or twice a year I'll blow the dust off it, but that's it. Needless to say, the bike is IMMACULATE. Think of how an average trail bike looks at two months old.

My question is... What's it worth? It's been collecting dust in my garage long enough. I'm ready to sell it. Problem is, I have no idea what it's worth and what would be fair. I tried finding listings online but they're all so old I can't really go off their numbers (not that I would mind getting ~$5,000 for mine).

So... Gas Gas Gurus... What's it worth?

Thanks in advance!!
Brian

Old 01-17-2013, 03:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow97tt6spd View Post
Hello everyone!!

I'm new to the forum but was hoping you guys could answer a question of mine.

I have a 2003 FSE 450 that I purchased from the original owner in 2004. He used it as a dual sport at his cabin in the boonies (mainly for cruising fire roads). I have literally rode it only a couple hours a year (if that). Once or twice a year I'll blow the dust off it, but that's it. Needless to say, the bike is IMMACULATE. Think of how an average trail bike looks at two months old.

My question is... What's it worth? It's been collecting dust in my garage long enough. I'm ready to sell it. Problem is, I have no idea what it's worth and what would be fair. I tried finding listings online but they're all so old I can't really go off their numbers (not that I would mind getting ~$5,000 for mine).

So... Gas Gas Gurus... What's it worth?

Thanks in advance!!
Brian
Saw a local ad here in AZ for a 2005 450fse for $3800 that was at a bike shop so you can figure it was listed high. Average retail listing for your year is close to $1700. $5000 is a bit high for that particular year and model.

Just my $.02
Old 01-17-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow97tt6spd View Post
Think of how an average trail bike looks at two months old.
That depends entirely on who owns it. 2 months with me...Mechanically tip-top, but not lookin' so good. As far as resale value, it depends on your local market. Around here, you'll pay dearly for clapped-out, beat down, ready-to-blow KTM 2-stroke. My last 2 Gassers, '01 300(low hours, very nice) '03 250(lots of hours, ridden hard, well maintained, also very nice w/extras). I'm into both Exactly $5k
Old 01-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

there is one of those here in my town.. it is a brand new also.. never registered.. he has offered it to me for around 2500... i am not a 4st guy so i never really had an interest in it..
it is beautiful...
Old 01-17-2013, 05:37 PM

I would think your a bit high on your price, but you never know, you may find someone to take that off your hands.

You could always try to list it over here: http://www.advrider.com/
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 01-17-2013, 06:04 PM

Thanks for the responses!!

The gentleman that originally owned the bike was a Gas Gas and Canondale dealer. His shop mainly did snowmobile stuff though. It was well maintained.

I rode it on my old trails a few times but mainly just used it for cruising into my "country town" (in rural Maryland). Unfortunately I was used to lighter, faster motocross bikes in the woods and sport bikes on the street. The Gas Gas did both... But did neither one well (at least compared to what I was used to). As such, it just sat around.

And I was kidding about the $5000 price. That's what the ad I saw from ~2007 listed one for. I just wanna try and get the price right before I list it (in a few places).

Thanks again!!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:59 PM

If my mind serves me correctly this is sort of a step child bike (don't worry I was adopted and don't feel like a stepchild!) Without looking at the other posts from what I have seen of these bikes around $2,700 would get a SUPER clean like showroom one and I have seen them as low as $1,600 in Good shape so I am thinking around $2,100 or so. Condition means ALOT to me and a super clean low hour non raced bike I will pay more for! Good luck......