Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > NorthEast United States

NorthEast United States East of the Mississippi River & North of Mason/Dixon Line

Old 08-23-2010, 08:31 AM

Default Vermont Gas Gas Demo Day w/Jim Senecal

Hello Fellow Riders,

I just wanted to let you all know about some exciting news.

Moto Connection will be having a Gas Gas & Beta demo day at the club riding area in Richmond, Vermont.
This event will take place on Saturday August 28th from 10am to 3pm.
Please mark your calendars and come out for a great day of riding and experiencing all the latest bikes that Beta & Gas Gas have to offer.
We will also have a special guest helping out in the Gas Gas booth - New England #1 Hare Scramble racer Jim Senecal will be on-hand along with his championship winning Gas Gas race bike. By the way - Congrats to Jim on his 10th place overall at the recent National Enduro in Maine!!!

The following bikes should be available to take a demo ride on:
2010 Beta 450RR Enduro
2010 Beta 520RR Enduro
2004 Beta Rev3 270 Trials

2009 Gas Gas XC300 Enduro
2010 Gas Gas XC250 Enduro
2010 Gas Gas EC250F Enduro
2010 Gas Gas TXT250 Trials

This event is happening in conjuction with the Green Mountain Riders Open House (www.greenmountainriders.org) and their generous hospitality.
This is a great chance to sample the Richmond riding area free of charge for the day and take part in the demo rides if you like. Folks are welcome to bring their own bikes and check out the trails on offer as well - the demo rides are optional.

Please bring a full compliment of appropriate riding apparel and proof of medical insurance.
Club members will be on hand to sign you up for club membership if you would like to come back again sometime to ride on your own.

Directions to Richmond riding area:
I-89 North to exit 11
Right at end of ramp onto Route 2 North (you hit a traffic light immediately)
Right at that traffic light onto Route 117
Then a very quick right onto Governor Peck Hwy
Follow about 1/4 to 1/2 mile and make a right onto a rough construction road just after passing a small stone quarry/store.
Pass thru the gates on the construction road and follow towards the left to the top of hill to parking area.
Please keep your speed down on the dirt road.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I hope to see you there!
-Scott

Moto Connection
802-524-7777
www.motoconnectionvt.com

Old 08-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Jim at yesterday's National Enduro......

LINK.........

http://picasaweb.google.com/offroadc...eEnduroSunday#
Old 08-23-2010, 06:50 PM

I rode the enduro ... I was on row 20 ... the trail was looking pretty rough to me ... The fact that Jim got 10th overall from back on 32 is most impressive. I had a tough day in the woods and I'm sure Jim passed me in at least the last 2 sections I rode if not all of them!! Although I was probably too dazed to know it. Anyway thats an impressive finish .... you don't need to go tho Europe to find a capable national enduro rider for Gas Gas!!

btw

MotoC was at a Trials event I worked the day before the enduro. The Beta 450 Sure looks like a sweet ride. If they had a 250f I'd be all over it. going to try and make it up to this demo. Of all the bikes I've ridden yet, I'm still most comfortable on my buds well worn 08 ktm 200. I want some more seat time on that gasser 250f though....
Old 08-24-2010, 07:29 AM

I would really like to get to this somehow. I'll be in No. Woodstock NH with family that weekend but would love to blitz over to the demo if possible and try as many bikes as possible. Wish they had a Beta 400RR to try.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:39 AM

Want to go but notice is too short...

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:07 AM

Default GG Demo Ride

Yes - sorry about the short notice. This all came together rather quickly. With the change in Gas Gas distributorship, plus coordinating the riding venue, Jim's schedule, availabilty of 2 brands of demo bikes, etc, etc, it was tight timing.

We are expecting a good turnout though and I'm looking forward to letting folks try out a wide range of off-road weapons.....

For those that are interested - Beta still has a few more models to be announced as late 2011 bikes, Supermoto, street legal dual-sport, plus another enduro model -use your imagination there - details TBA.....
Old 08-24-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoc View Post
For those that are interested - Beta still has a few more models to be announced as late 2011 bikes, Supermoto, street legal dual-sport, plus another enduro model -use your imagination there - details TBA.....
I've read rumors of a 350 model coming. Hopefully on downsized engine cases for a lighter motor. FI would be nice as well.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:26 AM

The track is all groomed, prepped and ready to ride - no face-slappers to be found.
Weather forecast looking good for Sat as well - high's in the upper 70's and sunny all day - kind of unusual for VT!
Remember that you can bring your own bike and just ride for the day - the demos are of course completely optional.
Free grilled hotdogs (while they last) for lunch courtesy of the green mountain riders

Hope to see some of you there.....
Old 08-28-2010, 06:59 PM

I got up to richmond at 2 pm ... 1 hour before the end of the demo ... I rode the 09 300 and 10 250 2t and 250f and the beta 520. I liked the 09 300 better than my 06. the 250 wa a little easier to toss around and the 250f was having some jetting issues so it was a little finicky to ride. The beta was a nice bike even with a 520 lump, it still felt nice and compact. I think a 350 or 400 would make a kick azz northeast bike. A very nice gentlemen who seemed to know a lot about jetting twiddled with the carb on my husky 144 and got it totally dialed, the bike ripped after that and was a blast to ride. If I was going to drop some coin on what was there I would go with the 250 2t. It was a little easier to toss around. It was worth the 2 1/2 hour ride each way to check out some new bikes and get to ride some sweet trails. As I was leaving around 5 pm some kid was ripping around a field on one of scotts bikes. Don't know if you'll sell me a bike Scott but events like that are a great way to build up some good will!!! Thank you! I apprieciate the effort you put into it. even if I did call you Joe!! LOL!!
Old 08-30-2010, 08:16 AM

The demo ride/open house was a complete success.
As Skid alluded to, everyone was able to ride their own bike around the track and then test ride any or all of the bikes available. It turned out to be the perfect way to figure what is the best bike for each person.

We hope to have another one next year, we'll see what happens....

Thanks to all who made the event happen.
Firstly all those that attended like Skid - who drove a long way for this ride. Without the riders - the event would be a flop - so thank you all who came out to ride, demo, and support the local club.

Thanks also to Jim Senecal and Brian Devrees.
They gave up their weekend to come up and help run the show.
Jim is a very talented rider and a great and friendly guy to boot.
Brian from LDA Racing is the man behind the scenes - this thing was his idea and wouldn't have happened without him.

Thanks also to the Green Mountain Riders for the generous hospitality.
Hopefully some of our guests will join the club as members and come back to ride anytime.

Thankyou to everyone else that came and helped out.

Scott Armstrong
Moto Connection