Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > NorthEast United States

NorthEast United States East of the Mississippi River & North of Mason/Dixon Line

Old 11-17-2010, 09:25 PM

Default louie thompkins charity ride

hi all! on december 12th there will be a charity ride for louie thompkins! its held in deposite new york(arrowed from hancock exit off rt 17 east and west)! dirt bikes welcome (studs or screws are highly recommended) atv's and utv's(side by side) are welcome! its 50 dollars per bike/machine! 10 a.m. start from parking area(after riders meeting)! the loop will be 20-30 miles long (knowing the trail boss,probably leanin towards 30)! if youve ridin the dual sport in hancock then you know the terrain! all proceeds go to the louis thompkins family, as most know that he has fallen ill a few years ago and has not been able to work,,so the funds go to him and his family for christmas! so i hope all can make it!! Happy Holidays

Old 11-29-2010, 08:07 AM

Randy,

I'll be there with a buddy if there is no ice and I can get away with regular tires.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:02 PM

Thumbs up great

im going up sunday to lay out the loop!!! i will also call up there on the friday before and get an accurate weather report from the land owner and will post it here! its great property and i wish we could get the WEC back there,,,this time without the whining and sniveling,,lol! see you up there,,,,,
Old 12-02-2010, 08:59 AM

You know we could help out even more by having a get together ride there for the east coast guys, or anyone who wants to make the trip. Something we talked about here for years but never agreed on a place. This would be perfect, great terrain (WEC class if you want it), great land owner and locals, and plenty of accomadation options.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:12 PM

Thumbs up i could always ask

i will plant that seed with the landowner about it! he definitely has the room to handle it! and he could always use a couple of dollars! louie was the work force of the property and since he has fallen ill,,its been a rough road for the family! so the old saying,,rough roads bring good people!
Old 12-06-2010, 07:07 PM

Default updated ride

ok folks,,went up yesterday and arrowed a 20 mile loop! you may do it twice! it is highly recommended to run studs,,screws are ok,,but we all know how long they last if you dont get a flat first! yesterday it snowed all day with a couple inches accumulated and more to come this week! either way its always a fun trail ride,,so hope to see you up there!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:34 PM

I wish I could make it,, but just got back from a work trip to NC.. see how the week pans out.. how bad would it be on worn out s-12's?
03 KTM 625 sxc-rehab unit-did its job and now gone
03 GG 250 ec-gone
97 GG 250 ec Gone
Old 12-08-2010, 06:31 AM

Default louie ride

wont be bad, i did it on worn out trelleies,,,studs are still in but barely! roll the throttle and youll be fine,,,if your heavy handed then,,,good luck!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:50 AM

Well, I have either my standard rock equipment Mitas trials tire or an MT-16 with a Tubliss I can run at real low pressure. I think the Mitas will be a bit too slippery considering the cold. Front is also Tubliss with an M59. An inch or so isn't too bad, but more slick and the the pace is slower than dirt for sure. Randy, get an update on Fri/Sat.

Pretty sure I'm going to get a set of studs from Kevin's later this winter, just can't do it now.

Steve, I'd like to go ride somewhere if Hancock is a snow day. If your going out local let me know. After this I have to tear down for some maintanence.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:56 PM

Default louie

hey guys! its totally up to you and your ability to handle the snow on the tires you have! as of now there is 8 inches of snow and my educated guess is that they will get more! as for the kevins racing tires,,ive heard mixed reviews on the longevity of the tire! i run trellies and am on my fourth year! i ride every single sunday! last year was more because of the ice and the snow covered roads,,ooppps! did i say that! so please use your local web browser to find the weather @ hancock,ny,,i cant make that decision for you,,,if i did,,,, everyone would be divorced,,LOL! thanks and happy trails