Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 06-20-2011, 10:01 PM

Yes but how high the camera is relative to the terrain has a lot to do with it. Like driving a low sports car and a lifted truck at the same speed which feels faster, at least visually? The fender/bar/frame mounts always look faster.

Even still pics can be deceiving. I shot some pics a few years back on a particularly nasty hill we have here. I used a slight wide angle and was close to the action as my brother and buddy worked up the ledges. I was disappointed how the camera made that hero section so C rider friendly. I think to really depict this correctly, I should have been close to the ground shooting level or up a bit.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:31 PM

I just got mine tonight, picked up the last one on sale in BestBuy!

I have an idea for an under visor mount like Paul's (PEB). I'm going to use the packaging display mount plate in the box. Trim the plate down, heat it with a heat gun, and form it to fit the under visor curve perfectly. Then I'll mount it with small screws/nuts. Should be good, I'll let you know how it works out.
Old 06-26-2011, 07:20 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

I thought of doing something similar to that but the camera hung down too low & was too apparent in my vision. I put the camera mount through the visor as close to the helmet as possible. With my goggles on I don't even notice it at all. Good luck and enjoy. Look forward to seeing some footage.
Stoby
Old 06-26-2011, 01:13 PM

A hole cut in the visor works perfect. No need for a mount.

The front edge of the hole is 2" from the leading edge of the visor. You can see a bit to much of the visor in the footage. We put a hole in my brothers visor at about 1.5" and you can barely see the edge of the visor in the vid.

I also used some duct tape to firmly hold the visor all the way up as the stock screws were not quite up to the task.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:07 PM

I set mine up that way PEB.Thanks .Used a coat hanger instead of cotter pin .Put rubber grommet between the visor and camera to angle it downward to simulate my line of sight. thought it worked pretty well . Still might try a body mount.
Stoby
Old 06-26-2011, 09:06 PM

I shot over 11/2 hrs today with the under visor mount. Used the flat adhesive mount with a screw for safety. It didn't bug me and the video was excellent! I shot in 960 to try it not knowing if the angle was right but it was perfect. I can't believe how good it looks on my big screen! Now I need to edit it down especially the sensitive parts. What do you guys use? Anything that's basic and free and runs on a PC? I really need to update my home computers now.
Old 06-26-2011, 09:18 PM

I downloaded a free trial of the corel x4 but i needed a young kid to show me how to use it.Corel offers the trial on their site. pics of mount please.Curious.
Stoby
Old 06-26-2011, 09:27 PM

Its what comes in the kit, just drilled a small hole for a 3mm screw in the center, through the visor and into the mount, and trimmed it off. Mine sits a little lower and farther forward than Paul's, but I get absolutely no visor in the frame. There is no way I could wear it on top or side, I would have cleaned it off 5 times over today.

Have you used the YouTube editor? That requires the file to be uploaded first, and I would rather remove some stuff before upload.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:10 AM

I use ms movie maker. Pretty straight forward even for a hack like me.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:37 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

How do you rotate the movie since you have the camera upside down?