Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:35 PM

Thumbs up Enduro Shoot out 11 Bikes and 1 winner

Dirt Action magazine in Australia recently held a shootout with all 11 enduro bikes available in australia and the winner was a 08 FSR 450,it won the best enduro and over all winner .Here is a quote from one of the test riders [when the throttle is held wide open for a bit ,things get blurry as the power pours in]. You can read all this in issue 109 june 08

Old 06-02-2008, 08:34 AM

Great news!

Is it posted on line for us folks in the rest of the world?
Old 06-02-2008, 01:53 PM

Yeah, it would be nice if someone down under could post the test. I think there are some other recent Aussie magazine tests/shootouts where the GG bikes did very well. I thought there was one in which the EC300 won best enduro bike VS a whole slew of bikes both 2 and 4 stroke. I would like to see that one.

Somebody please get em and post them up for us to see

Skidad in MA
Old 06-02-2008, 02:09 PM

I don't care who wins, I will still ignore those tests. It doesn't prove a thing except that at least a GasGas is on par with everything else, but we already knew that.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalefty View Post
I don't care who wins, I will still ignore those tests. It doesn't prove a thing except that at least a GasGas is on par with everything else, but we already knew that.
You should care , consider this, positive exposure like that is going to help with the resale value of our bikes, as for the rest of the great unwashed who dont allready ride gassers{ I guess it must be true if its printed in a magazine}
Old 06-02-2008, 06:02 PM

Thumbs up Enduro shoot out

I will email the magazine today and see what i can do other wise i could always scan the lot and put it up on the site .
Old 06-02-2008, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by widebear View Post
You should care , consider this, positive exposure like that is going to help with the resale value of our bikes, as for the rest of the great unwashed who dont allready ride gassers{ I guess it must be true if its printed in a magazine}
I should have explained myself better, obviously it makes a difference with sales, I've made many posts in the past about this. I meant it for riders who take these tests seriously as a "which bike is best" test to figure out which bike to buy. These idiotic tests don't help for say the rider who would actually be more comfortable on a Yam or Honda or...etc. What's funny is that it makes even more of a mockery of the US mags who test very few bikes and whose results are very different.
For sales, I'm happy for GasGas, for the rider who reads these mags looking for the best bike for him/her, it's plain sad, and yes, there's plenty of those riders out there.