Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 06-13-2019, 06:13 PM

So I bought a 2007 EC200 on the weekend, now going over everything.

Managed to get the main swingarm bolt and most of the linkage out last night but I can't get the one last bolt holding the Y shaped dog bone piece in there.

The bolt hits the side of the frame where the sidestand is, so how is it possible to get this bolt out?

I'm used to my WR250f manual which has step-by-step workshop instructions & pics. GasGas didn't create similar workshop manuals?

EDIT: I worked it out, had to loosen the very bottom bolt which has some little frame mounting tab thing, then the dog bone could pivot toward me and the bolt could be removed

Last edited by Pygmygod; 06-13-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Old 06-13-2019, 07:55 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Take the sidestand mount off.

And send it to me, a mate could use one
'22 765 Street Triple RS
'21 XTrainer
'69 Stinger T125 Suzuki
'23 TRS 250RR (it's a Trials thing)
Old 06-14-2019, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by (F5) View Post
Take the sidestand mount off.

And send it to me, a mate could use one
I just sold my 2010 mate.. Had a brand new side stand bolt on it, valued at $120aud!! 3 days on the floor at the dealers and the bloody thing let go!@ snappo.. farrk!! It still sold so no concern to me! Just ironic that I went to the effort of fitting it only to have it fail. P.S I had it in my spares box for around 8 years.. waiting for the day I was going to sell it.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:41 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmygod View Post
So I bought a 2007 EC200 on the weekend, now going over everything.

Managed to get the main swingarm bolt and most of the linkage out last night but I can't get the one last bolt holding the Y shaped dog bone piece in there.

The bolt hits the side of the frame where the sidestand is, so how is it possible to get this bolt out?

I'm used to my WR250f manual which has step-by-step workshop instructions & pics. GasGas didn't create similar workshop manuals?

EDIT: I worked it out, had to loosen the very bottom bolt which has some little frame mounting tab thing, then the dog bone could pivot toward me and the bolt could be removed
When I did that same job on my '01 XC200, using a DIY stand just like yours, I used a tie down strap to secure the bike to the stand.

Just sayin'......

RB
Old 06-16-2019, 08:02 AM

That sounds far too safe!

My home-made stand is pretty solid, haven't had a bike fall off it yet! *touchwood*

Could be because at least 1 wheel always touches the ground as it's only just high enough, any higher then I agree, it may get a bit wobbly.

During a previous maintenance on a Honda CBR250 I had the frame supported by straps to the metal roof rafters as I had no wheels on it. Looked dodgy as but worked a treat.