Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 05-04-2010, 07:01 PM

i been thinkin about it, and it doesn't really seem like a feasible idea to have 60 bucks worth of work done when i am still such a novice. because in a few months im just going to have to revalve it again to keep up with me. i think ill wait off on that and just have the seals replaced. but thanks guys!

Old 05-04-2010, 08:12 PM

but then again, its only 60 bucks difference, and that difference could make huge improvements in my riding. or so im told. ugg! yes do it, no dont do it. i dont think ive ever been so evenly torn on the situation.

ok, so hypothetically i could have him revalve it for someone with say a years worth of experience (as opposed to my 3 months) and it wouldnt be any different than having forks that arn't set up for me now. right? and i would kindof grow into them, like i would anyway. and this way is significantly cheaper in the long run. i know that i should have the suspension set up for me right now, but not revalving wouldn't be any different than having it set up for more skill anyhow, and next spring when i dig her back out it will be perfectly tuned for me then. and save me the cost of having them take apart the forks twice.

but short term, im out 60 bucks and the only thing i get out of it is new internal settings that may or may not help me whatsoever. ug i dont know what to do.

tell y'all what, lets take a vote. type DO if you think i should have it revalved now, and if so for my current skill level, or my future skill level, and type NO if you don't think i should revalve and just get the seals replaced. ill tally it up in a couple of days and see what happens. course with my luck it will be a draw and i will be stuck in the same boat. man i have never been this evenly torn. EVER.ug.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:00 AM

Sent my Ohlins from my 03 200 off to Les, best thing I ever did to the bike. If they're hosed he can bring them back to life for you and you can tweak from there. If you're a novice and your suspension is beating you up, it will not help your confidence or skill development. I'd invest in the suspension.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:32 AM

The forks should be re-valved for yor weight and riding style. If you are new to the sport it is still a good investment. Once your skill level comes up it can be as easy as turning the clickers to adjust to your speed & level.

I learned a long time ago that getting the suspension done should be one of the 1st things done. The bike handling builds confidence which makes you faster and you learn to trust your bike. Yes it is expensive but by far the best thing you can do to a bike. I just bought a brand new Husaberg and before my eyes even saw the bike the suspension was sent off.

This is just my humble opinion.