Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 10-21-2010, 09:47 PM

I plan on trying the tubliss set up with a MT 43. I'm thinking of going from a 48 to a 51 tooth rear sprocket while I have the wheel off. I'm trying to make my bike more like a tractor to get through the leaf covered sharp rocks in Arkansas where I have been riding lately. I've been creeping up on the set up that I'm looking for and this should get me there.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lankydoug View Post
It seems to me there would be a market for tubeless enduro/mx rims considering the advantages. A lot of money gets spent on a lot less effective products.
I think I'm right in saying the Kawasaki Works MX team developed a tubeless system in the '80's. It wasn't succesful, but I can't remember why I will ask someone who will know and report back. The specially made tyres had a taller bead and a slightly smaller i/d than conventional tyres.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:26 AM

+3 on moto9's comments. I run 9 PSI up front in the technical rocks, a bit more if its faster with some rocks and less if its smoother. In all cases the M59 sticks like glue. Six weeks in a row of rock bashing rides and no problems. One less extreme day out with Cruiser on some better dirt was awesome too. Rim is fine, has a few black marks now but less than you get with a tube. VERY pleased, I'm done with tubes.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:44 AM

Too many riders love the tubliss system for me to not give it a try. No matter the tire it should work better by being able to run less air pressure when desired. Reliability seems to not be a problem for those who install it correctly and use a little slime.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I plan on trying the tubliss set up with a MT 43. I'm thinking of going from a 48 to a 51 tooth rear sprocket while I have the wheel off
This is the set up I currently am running. With the Tubliss I can run my MT43 down to 6-7 lbs. without fear. This time of year in Oregon, things can start to get very slick. With the MT43 at the low pressure, I can climb crazy slick steep stuff without slipping a tire. Very beneficial IMO.

BTW, I am running 13/52 on my KTM300. This gearing along with a FWW and Gnarly pipe allows me to climb very techinical terrain without a problem. It is even a little better than my EC250 with the MT43.