Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Suspension

Enduro Suspension Tuning & maintenance of Enduro forks, shocks, etc

Old 04-20-2014, 05:20 AM

Default Reiger shock clickers?!

So the bottom screw near the clevis is rebound adjustment as per most other shocks.

On top of the reservoir is a compression adjuster. Not sure if it's high or low speed?

The gas gas manual, whilst very impressive this year, is lacking in terms of the shock info. See page 75 of the 2014 manual here: http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals...4_eng.pdf.html

It lists what I'd assume is a bleed screw which is on the opposite side of the shock body to the reservoir (where it is impossible to adjust on the fly) as LSC adjuster. I sincerely hope this isn't correct. I don't want to touch the supposed LSC screw as if it is a bleed screw ill then have to re bleed the shock.

Any one able to confirm what I'm not sure about?

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC

Old 04-20-2014, 07:49 AM

Pretty sure based on reply from another site that I am correct. The adjuster above the reservoir is compression bleed (only one comp adjustment on this shock) and the screw which the manual states is the LSC adjuster screw is actually a bleed port for the shock.
I hope not too many people read the manual and start turning that bleed screw counter clockwise trying to adjust LSC.

Who has a contact to advise gas gas Spain and get the manual changed?

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC
Old 04-20-2014, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Also posted on said other site - For fellow Gassers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Enduro
Developed for the Enduro engines 'Gas Gas' Reiger Suspension shock absorbers. These shocks have approximately the same models as the trial engines.

You have the "Racing" shock absorbers, they have a black sheath and convensioneel adjusted.

Then you have the "Factory" shock absorbers, which have a white sleeve and come with High / Low Speed ​​adjustment or adjustment ICS yet.

And then you have the "Replica" shock absorbers, yet they also have a clear anodized sleeve and only come with a High / Low Speed ​​adjustment.

ICS (Intelligent Compression System)
ICS is a system that comes from our patented techniques CCV. The system detects whether the compression of the shock caused by bumps on the road or by forces that arise during a landing ground which the whole chassis to be. Sprung The latter is much more mass in motion to be slowed down and there is therefore needed. Greater damping force

ICS provides for situations where the whole chassis comes down that extra cushioning available. With ICS basic damping can be softer (ICS disabled) that increases traction possible.

H / L speed compression adjustment
With this adjustment the compression damping ( damping force for the inward stroke ) can be set in both slowly and quickly at the start of damper accurately.

High- and Low-speed have nothing to do with the speed at which the vehicle is moving , but only the rate at which the shock takes effect.

With lowspeedverstelling it is possible to generate ( by turning the adjustment closed) or a softer damping to allow the adjustment opening (anti-clockwise ) . Stability This adjustment is intended to mute . The small bumps

The high speed adjustment makes it easy to adjust . The damping at higher damper speeds Think of the movements that result from driving against tough ledges or large stones . If the damper this blow, the high speed damping can be made ​​by turning . Closed the adjustment harder

Because both mechanisms operate independently of each other , is a very precise adjustment possible .

The lowspeedverstelling has 15 clicks and the high speed adjuster 18 clicks between hard and soft.

This is the Compression adjuster - Typical LSC internal with the HSC external

So from what it says, they will have a few models rolled out depending on the build spec. They can be identified by the plastic sleeving on the shock body. I'd expect yours to meet 'Racing' Spec - black sleeve
Old 04-21-2014, 03:45 AM

Thanks Jake, no pics, I'm lazy

Mine is the black bodied shock and only has the one compression adjustment, i.e. there is no internal screw like the picture you dug up.

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC
Old 04-21-2014, 04:32 AM
Super Moderator

I see I see

At a guess I'd say thats your LSC, and it won't have external HSC adjustment. Change the clamp shim
Old 04-21-2014, 05:23 AM

Yep yep, thats it. Thanks mate.

I'll have to go in at some point and up the rebound no doubt so I'll figure out what needs doing with comp as well and have a fiddle as well.

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC
Old 04-21-2014, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

I'm expecting it will be very Ohlins like assembly. Needle required for discharging and regassing and probably a floating piston.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
I'm expecting it will be very Ohlins like assembly. Needle required for discharging and regassing and probably a floating piston.
Better start looking for a bladder conversion then

Previous:
2011 Gas Gas EC300 ELC
2004 KTM 300 EXC
Old 04-21-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_green View Post
Better start looking for a bladder conversion then
Not so fast ... the floating piston is a better arrangement, and you can buy Schrader/needle combos from any number of sources.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 04-21-2014, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Not so fast ... the floating piston is a better arrangement, and you can buy Schrader/needle combos from any number of sources.
I agree and agree! No issues with a floating piston.