Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Pictures & Videos

Old 11-09-2014, 11:13 AM

Default Southern Indiana Single track

A buddy of mine just recently started riding and the other day he asked me if I would take him to Interkae SRA in southern Indiana and show him some of the single track. The pace is pretty slow because I didn't want to leave my friend behind but the trail was good and the video is not bad. Interlake SRA 11-8-14: http://youtu.be/Wt-y_Xdd5jM

Old 11-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Nice man

Looks like it was a great day to be out on the trails. Kind of strange to see the first set of rocks painted hunter orange, at least I assume that's what someone had done? I could see the benefit of that given all the leaves that were on the ground.

Were those guys on quads putting up a deer stand? Looked like they thought you guys were aliens when you rode by...lol.

Nice to hear your bike rev out and get on the pipe toward the end of your vid...sounds frickin' awesome
Old 11-10-2014, 05:59 PM

The trail we were riding was a section of the national enduro course that's why the rocks were painted. Yes they were putting up a deer stand and they had no business being where they were with the quads. This riding area is a state owned multi-use facility and this trail is clearly marked as single track only. Our single track trails are very precious these days because they are becoming extinct with the utility quad and SxS craze that destroys absolutely everything in their path.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:37 PM

Looks like a fun place. I remember riding areas like that when I was younger.

Been a lot of years since I lived In Indiana (Indianapolis to be more precise). Looks like no riding left around central Indiana. That's a shame. I was planning to bring my bike with me when I came home on vacation but nothing is close to Indy. Plus, they make it a pain to legally ride for an out-of-stater.
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220
Old 11-13-2014, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS109 View Post

Been a lot of years since I lived In Indiana (Indianapolis to be more precise). Looks like no riding left around central Indiana. That's a shame. I was planning to bring my bike with me when I came home on vacation but nothing is close to Indy. Plus, they make it a pain to legally ride for an out-of-stater.
I used to ride the river bottoms near Terre Haute Indiana with my pops when I was a wee lad...
Old 11-13-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS109 View Post

If you are willing to venture a little south while you're in Indiana there is plenty of riding. Just let me know and we can hook up and do some riding.