Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:17 PM

Default I am moving on

Its been a great time here with u guys but its time for me to move on. I spent many years with KTM and changed over to gg with lots of enthusiasm unfortuneately dealer network and support has declined. The availability of 2014's has been non-existant. Therefore I decided to spend my money with Beta last December and haven't been more satisfied with the build quality and performance. GG really needs to rethink their strategy for the enduro market if they really want to compete at the next level. Sherco, Beta and KTM are moving at an exponential rate with R&D compared to GG. I wish all of you the best of luck.

2008 250 xc KTM
2007 200 xc KTM
To many KTM's to list
1983 175 IT Yamaha
1995 200 KDX Kawasaki

Old 07-22-2014, 09:30 PM

If you gotta go, go. I love my 14'. It's a definite improvement over my 13' in the detail oriented stuff. I have a great dealer, that I race with so I get the dealer support thing. Parts, I just called Go Fasters for the odd ball headlight bulbs and I got them in a few days. What issues were you having?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:16 PM
Site Sponsor

For the type of riding we do here there is nothing that can compete with the GasGas in my opinion. And as far as parts and service go I feel that I can out do any shop in the area. I think that GasGas is going to keep getting stronger and I am glad to be able to be part of it.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:38 PM
Banned

What's the point of this announcement? I came from Kawasaki and didn't get on a Kawa forum and post the news of my departure. STOOPID!
Old 07-22-2014, 10:47 PM

Default I am moving on

He had to post here because the beta forum is weak sauce. I think the last post was a guy asking about setting his sag three years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2014, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks GreyGhost! Glad you enjoyed the time you spent here and for the input over the years! Enjoy the new ride and hope that the setup and dial in runs smoothly.

The rest of you Pull your heads in!! Some of you sound like you're on your own flavoured cool aid. Its hard to pick a 'bad bike'. Pick a brand you like which works for you and then tweak it to make it personal. If the Gas Gas works for you then great, if not then another may work better. I'm pretty sure the whole aim of this post was to say cyas around. No need to get on the offensive because someones gone in another direction (as they informed us) and left some feedback as to why. Relaxxxxx
Old 07-23-2014, 06:07 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreyghost View Post
Its been a great time here with u guys but its time for me to move on. I spent many years with KTM and changed over to gg with lots of enthusiasm unfortuneately dealer network and support has declined. The availability of 2014's has been non-existant. Therefore I decided to spend my money with Beta last December and haven't been more satisfied with the build quality and performance. GG really needs to rethink their strategy for the enduro market if they really want to compete at the next level. Sherco, Beta and KTM are moving at an exponential rate with R&D compared to GG. I wish all of you the best of luck.
Hummm...Very interesting, considering the source and history. PM sent.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Thanks GreyGhost! Glad you enjoyed the time you spent here and for the input over the years! Enjoy the new ride and hope that the setup and dial in runs smoothly.

The rest of you Pull your heads in!! Some of you sound like you're on your own flavoured cool aid. Its hard to pick a 'bad bike'. Pick a brand you like which works for you and then tweak it to make it personal. If the Gas Gas works for you then great, if not then another may work better. I'm pretty sure the whole aim of this post was to say cyas around. No need to get on the offensive because someones gone in another direction (as they informed us) and left some feedback as to why. Relaxxxxx
Well said Jakobi, I for one will miss him, he didn't post a lot but when he did it was good stuff. While I think (& hope) that GG is on a good track at the moment, Good luck with the beta and stick your head in every now and then
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 07-23-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post

I did not mean to offend. I am just saying there isn't a lot of traffic on the beta forum. GreyGhost would be better starting a thread on this forum under the "Other Bikes" heading rather than posting on the beta forum. From what I can gather lurking on the forum questions get asked but nothing gets answered. Nothing, radio silence, crickets chirping, nap time.

I was just trying to help a fellow rider out.

Does thumper talk have a viable beta forum?
Old 07-23-2014, 07:11 PM

[QUOTE= Sherco, Beta and KTM are moving at an exponential rate with R&D compared to GG. I wish all of you the best of luck.[/QUOTE]

For arguments sake I would mention all the above are basically bold new graphics where gasgas just introduced many engine changes for the 14. Exponential may be a bit of a stretch .
As many mention though all the current bikes are great, I have been fortunate enough to ride them all (2t) and must admit like them all, but love the gasgas motor power and delivery best