Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 06-24-2011, 10:33 PM

Default Rip 07 450 fsr....:(

There comes a time in life when you just need to cut your losses and move on no matter how difficult it is. After a few months of trying to trouble shoot elecrical issues, with brief moments of hope entwined in that time...I have made the difficult decision to part out my loved 450. A few years ago when I was looking for a new bike...I chose the high road, the road less travelled by many in my part of the country...the road that doesn't involved japanese or orange bikes. I chose to buy a gasgas, a brand where service and parts are far and few in between here. Having some confidence that the Canadian distributor is a more phone call away or an 8 hour drive, I took the oath to love and cherish a FSR 450. I ignored the heckling and endured the dumbfounded looks of many over the years when you say "gasgas". The one question from my friends...."what about service? or support?" I ignored them thinking I can probably fix just about anything. I was wrong. What was the pinnacle of technology (fuel injection) has become my achilles heel.
After buying another ecu thinking that was the problem....it wasn't. I have gone over ever inch of wire on the bike, all the sensors, and belive it or not...the symptoms got worse the deeper I dug. I am not spending any more time or money on a steed that I can no longer trust nor revive. Unfortunately even the Canadian distrubutor and 5 different GG dealers were unable to offer any advice, or even have the software to trouble shoot the ecu, they all admitted they know nothing about the 4 strokes. My best help has been a forum member...thankyou quigon for all your help.
And with sad regret....I am offering to part out my 07 450 FSR. It is an electrical problem, so I believe all the mechanical parts are still in great shape. The bike had about 4000km on it. I can't tell now anymore because I can't get the dash to even light up.
So if you are looking for any parts off a 450 please give me a shout. A few highlights of the bike....

- Rekluse clutch (works awesome, I have the stock one too)
- Marzocchi forks (seals all good, no leaks)
- 2 ECU's. (one was inspected (used), the other is brand new)
- Motorsports steering stabilizer
- Force rad guards (indestructable!!)
- Hyde Racing skid plate

Old 08-04-2011, 10:33 AM

Ok.....road a friends Nambotin last night....my faith in GG has been restored. What an amazing bike!! Absolutly incredible.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:29 AM

Gooooooood! Now fix the one you have!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:21 PM

I'm pathetic....and I've given up! Its being parted. Its sad....almost like giving up on a child. But atleast lots of gg members are getting some great parts! I now have my target set on a 300!!!!!!! That thing was amazing!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:23 PM

Thanks again for all your help Quigon!! Was watching some motoGP in laguna on tv....remembered you were there. Jealous!!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:53 PM

Too bad you couldn't change the intake system for a simple carb, and wire the ignition to work with a regular CDI.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:44 AM

thats a sad story....
but get a 300, they are great!!!!
Old 08-06-2011, 04:40 PM

what pipe do u have
Old 08-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear that mate.. I'm sure it'll be something simple.. Electrical issues on any bike are a pain.. They are every mans nightmare!
Old 09-24-2011, 02:16 AM

Did you start to part it out already?
I have the other FSR 450 in BC !