Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 04-06-2013, 06:28 PM

Default 03 FSE 450 starting

OK I bought one. It sat for about 7 years. This bike had like 410 miles on it. Here is the drill I have found to start this bike

Turn key on and wait for the injector to spool up. Then hit the kill switch like 2 or 3 times. Once for each time it spools up and then stops. Mine starts every time if I do this when cold. Don't turn it off till it warms up completely, otherwise it takes a little to start again.

When hot, and you just stop, try to light it off with the starter. If it doesn't start, hit the kill switch twice. It will start.

Now, when mine is warm and I stall it, or flame it out, it is hard to start with the magic button. But once yesterday after about 5 attempts with the button, I decided to use the kicker. It started right away.

The kicker needs to be longer in my opinion. Otherwise it would start easily, in my opinion.

Side note: Who has a skid plate for this bike. The nearest Gas Gas shop tried to find one for 2 months, to no avail.

Also, I guess the rear turn signals break when you jump this bike, like every other Baja kitted bike I had. Does anyone make something like I seen in Oz that has turn signals that just plug into a jack so you can take them out and put them in at your convinence?

Old 04-16-2013, 05:46 PM

Interesting, very interesting, I shall try your magic trick and report back

I'm having a problem with mine where the throttle seems to stick on unless you hit the kill switch and it go back to a normal idle. I'm thinking this thing has some deeper electrical issues but I hope not.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:07 PM

No luck with the trick but hoping a mcct might work - http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...highlight=mcct