Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:18 PM

Default Would you buy another Gas Gas?

Idea stolen from CafeHusky

Well, would you buy another Gas Gas?
  • What makes you want to buy another one?
  • What doesn't?

Personally, I would, at least at this point. I have only had my bike since Oct, though. Based on the riding experience, I am hooked. My first bike was an 01 YZ125 (bought it in 06), so I went from one extreme to the other. Love the power and smoothness of GG. Turns excellent like my YZ did. Suspension handles the small stuff and the braking/suspension holes much better, YZ handled jumps better (duh). Haven't adjusted the suspension much other than playing with the clickers..yet. Now I haven't had to do any repairs, nothing but general maintenance. So I haven't bought any OEM parts or much of any parts, just some protection items. So haven't really dealt with any of that yet. Only thing that I wish is that there was an online store that had everything that was made for Gas Gas, just for the shear ease of browsing and ordering.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxbandit View Post
Idea stolen from CafeHusky Well, would you buy another Gas Gas?
That would make three....I guess I would but I really should just enjoy the ones I got for a while...

07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Old 05-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Yes i would definately buy another gasser, although having a 01 300 it would need to be one of the newer shape ones, would love one of the 2010 sixdays, but will probably be a 08 300 in a few years time when the price gets down to what i can afford.

The gasser is wthout a doubt the best handling bike ive ever owned, although i do have to spend more time maintaining it, but that dosent bother me as it gives me an excuse to be out in the garage fiddling!
Old 05-19-2010, 02:01 PM

Yes I would and will buy another one.This is my second Gas Gas. They just flat work well,engine is awesome.I've ridden the other brands they just don't measure up.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Site Sponsor

sure would like an 07 and up 250. maybe i gotta sell a bike to get one.

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 05-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

yep I sure would.. I have an 01 300 and an 02 txt 200 pro..
i ventured out and bought a stinking wr450 to try the estart stuff, but i rode it the other day with a guy on a 300 just like mine.... the wr was .... out of its element trying to stay with him...
If i could find an 07 or later 300 in the same money as the wr... in a heartbeat... The txt is a blast, just learning that bike.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:33 PM

I'm not brand loyal ....
I'd really like to try some 250f's and wouldn't mind a little more time on my buds 04 ktm 400 .. I was more at home on that than my 06 300. I think a 4t probably suits my riding style (or lack of) better. That said If I had to buy a bike right know it would be a gg 200. If my husky 144 doesn't float my boat I'd probably try and sell it and the 300 and get a 200. I bet i'd really dig the gg 250f but the tiny gas tank and price = deal killer ... then there is the berg 2t rumour .. and the beta 450 got great reviews for riding in the tight and techy stuff. might be worth hanging onto the 144 and 300 for another year or two!!!
Old 05-19-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid jackson View Post
I'm not brand loyal ....
I'd really like to try some 250f's and wouldn't mind a little more time on my buds 04 ktm 400 .. I was more at home on that than my 06 300. I think a 4t probably suits my riding style (or lack of) better. That said If I had to buy a bike right know it would be a gg 200. If my husky 144 doesn't float my boat I'd probably try and sell it and the 300 and get a 200. I bet i'd really dig the gg 250f but the tiny gas tank and price = deal killer ... then there is the berg 2t rumour .. and the beta 450 got great reviews for riding in the tight and techy stuff. might be worth hanging onto the 144 and 300 for another year or two!!!
There is certainly no shortage of good bike choices, berg, husky and beta have peaked my interest as well. Right now, I'd keep my 2 stroke of course, always have to have one . But I think I'd get a TE450, I don't see the point in getting a $stroke without that plate.

Nobody is supporting the stereotype yet, "those exotics, there expensive, can't get parts, no aftermarket, always broken etc" Of course we all actually own one.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:25 PM

we dont complain about parts availability because of companies like gofasters and the other dealerships who know that to keep us riding their bikes, they have to provide top notch service, which they excel at. and the funny thing about aftermarket is... that gasgas was smart enough to make alot of parts fit off of other bikes, so that we can cross over parts.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

I'm on my fourth Gas Gas. I have no complaints on support or parts. I would buy another one if all things were equal. However, I would buy a different brand two stroke if the price was right. The Husaberg 2t interests me. I have two '09 Husky WR's, a 250, and a 300 by default for our tour company. I like those too, and they are actually easy to work on.

My only complaint: The Gasser is not an easy bike to work on. The tiny oil filler, the nuts on the back of the subframe, the need to remove radiators and a host of other things to get the engine top end off. Heck, taking the engine out is a PAIN! I know Husky's area a piece of cake to take the engine out and apart, a real mechanics bike. Not that anyone has to do this all of the time, but when you do, it's nice to do it with a minimal of colorful metaphors.
OMRA #21AA
What will I be riding next? Christini GG 300?
'15 KTM 300 XC-W
'08 EC 250 (Gone to new happy owner)
Gran Prix Cycle
LTR Suspension
RB-Designs