Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

I would buy another in a heart beat , and i have. To me , here in Canada , the importer has a very , very well stocked shop for parts , so that takes the parts problem completely out of the equation . NO , ordering of parts , there all in stock. So , back to my reasons why , the Gassers have been very reliable for me , i love the way the bike reacts to a guy riding maybe at times a little to fast for his skill level in the worst rocky rooty muddy crap the west coast mountains can dish out. I feel that because its made by a company renowned for its trials bikes , that the trials feel carries over to the Gasser Enduros and therefore makes it a great woods bike, the nastier it gets , the more it likes it.
I really like that the 300 motor is bullet proof if jetted properly and i find that while the bike might not be the most Technologically advanced bike out there , simple works for me, Why keep re-inventing the wheel every few years , just change the little annoying bits and keep the WORKING design intact.
I personally don't really care that much if they ever get an E-Start or not, sure it would be nice , but how often do i really need it , not often enough to miss it . Anyways , just my 2 bits worth , I like them just fine now and the only reason i am getting rid of my 09 EC300 is cause the Nambotin is just about the sickest bike Ive ever laid eyes on and i just had to have one , and Gas Gas Pacific is managing to get 8 here in Canada and i am getting #5

So yeah , i would say I'd buy another one

Steve

Out on the Trails on Vancouver Island , BC

Steve

Old 05-19-2010, 09:20 PM

I will buy another. I am new to offroad racing/riding and the cross over from mx has been alot harder than i thought. I have gone from winning the b class in mx to being midpack in worcs type and 2 hr scrambles events. The fact that i now have a true offroad bike i feel much more confident at speed in the woods-i have spent a small fortune trying to convert a kx450 into a good woods bike for me. I stumbled on a low hr 07 ec300, met alot of good local riders including Gerard AKA the Gasman. I have nothing but good things to say about the parts availability-Smiths powersports hooks me up real quick like, so no issues there. Les at LT set up my suspension. I have done all the little things i would of had to do to any bike i wanted to race. Tall seat-fastway pegs,skid plate, rad braces etc. My choices at the time were a yz 250 ktm 300xc and the ec300. I never got a chance to ride the ktm. I was sold on the Gasgas. And yep i will buy another.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:15 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roostafish View Post
the need to remove radiators and a host of other things to get the engine top end off.
you only need to remove the tank and exhaust to take the top end off. you don't need to even fully remove the two top head brackets.

you can pull the motor in under an hour (i did it 4 times last week..)

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 05-20-2010, 04:47 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Yes I would buy another GasGas. My bike has been great and has treated my real well. I find it easy to work on, no worse than my Honda, but there are a few minor oddities.

What would keep me from buying another one? Easy, if I can't get it plated I can't ride it.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:24 AM

Not currently. I am holding my breath for an injected two smoke. I won't buy another carbed bike.

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:29 AM

Only a change to a terriable colour like Orange or Lime green
would stop me from purchasing another gasser
Old 05-21-2010, 05:22 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Most likely will at some point.

Loving the 300 . Just got the used 200 which I love the feel of that bike .Once I get it sorted out that may be the bike I run the hare scrambles with.

And I'd like to find a used trials bike to play with.

http://philipstewart.zenfolio.com
Old 05-21-2010, 07:13 AM

Eventually, but my '07 is still fresh and the best set up bike I've had yet. I don't feel like starting over yet, and at my level its not the bike. I'll go with a 250F next most likely. If in the future someone else develops a nice, light 350F woods bike that I get along with I wouldn't rule out jumping ship though.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

I would in a New York minute.
But, the wallet says no! Taking a 60% pay cut ain't nothing nice.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:49 PM

Default lda racing

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site. A little background. I started LDA Racing back in '01 with a local rider being sponsored by myself. It has now grown to a Co-Op program with Amsoil and a few other sponsors. I hooked up with Jim Senecal 5 years ago when he was wearing the number 2 plate. In '09 he won the New England Championship Series here in New England. He has been on a Gas/Gas since I met him. Starting our fifth year, Jim has been the only rider that has stayed with Gas/Gas, LDA Racing and Amsoil. These ARE great bikes. If they weren't we would not have stayed with them. Go Fasters has been a great support for Jim. Rich Smith ( Smith's Power Sports- srs1@zoominternet.net- National Enduro leader) has been a wealth of info for us and the Gasser community. He is the person to talk to for you're off-road needs and possibly hard to get parts. He has a large inventory. I also had the oppertunity last year to sponsor the U.S. National Trials and Enduro Gas/Gas Team with Amsoil. This has given me a chance meet people that I wouldn't have had a chance to meet in the Gas/Gas Industry. I see a lot of questions on jetting. Most people don't understand it. I have seen jetting charts, Man. specs, oil specs, etc.,,. Every Gas/Gas I have seen is over jetted. I just rejetted a 250 Gasser through e-mail and he couldn't believe the difference. This person had posted a couple of e-mails and I could see he was getting nowhere. I thank him for contacting and trusting me and now he has a bike running the way it should. Jim doesn't rely on shear horsepower, which most people think you need to pull off a Championship. It is that plus a large amount of suspension work (power to the ground, Not roosting) that gets the win. We use C-Cycle Suspension Service, Bill Pemberton, (ccycle.com). I hope eveyone that reads this doesn't get the impression that I am promoting these people and dissing everyone else. I'm not. I just want to let you know who the ones are that have stayed with us over the years. If you people have other people that you trust please let us know. If we don't act as one group, we cannot show Gas/Gas how serious we are in the U.S. My background goes back to the '70's, the Penton family, Ossa riders- Don Cutler, Dave Latham, Charlie Vincent. and many other off-road racers. This is where I have learned my knowledge. You talk to the pro's and LISTEN, then you will learn if you choose to. To myself and my riders there is no dumb question that you ask, just one you don't know the answer to yet. Anyone of the above mentioned will agree on this statment. That is why all of us have such a strong relationship in the racing industry. We are not here to prove how good we are to you. We are here to help and encourge anyone, no matter what their level is. There are only a few people who can make it to the top. That is not what this or any other sport is about. It is about the everyday participant that loves what they are a part of and pours their heart and soul into it week after week. These are the true champs. I have seen it over the years. Any feed back that you can give, posative or negative, feel free to contact me and I will supply you with the information I know and if I don't have it I will do my best to get it for you.

Thanks,
Brian DeVries
LDA Racing
ldamarketing@live.com