Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Tell us all the gorey details!

Old 06-17-2014, 02:11 PM

Default Morrow County OHV Man Trip 2014 Part Deux

Thursday's 2 track:

View point #1:

View point #2:

I decided to GoPro my brother climbing this loose rocky hill. He can crawl up with his EC250 while I need to keep momentum with my EC200. He was putting along picking his line and I decided to make a run past him on loose rocks. Bad idea:

No harm to bike or man though

Some singletrack:

Some singletrack along a cliff:

We usually hit around 200 miles on our trip, but we had a few bumbles along the way. We had a full day of rain on Friday and sat it out. Saturday were epic conditions with the rain soaking in and providing perfect traction and no dust. Unfortunately, for me, around mile 15 I had a very hard get off that rang my bell pretty good. I was going up a rock garden (this place has a lot of large loose rocks) and put the hammer down. I'm not quite sure what happened, but I ended up sailing over the bars and face planted into some rocks. I was pretty hazy for a while and hit my left eye. It started swelling and my wrists and elbow were very sore. I think the bars ripped out of my hands and sprained my wrists and elbow. I stupidly sold my KTM with the Scotts on it. Sure could have used it on that one. I limped back to camp and sat out the rest of the day. No harm to bike fortunately.

Sunday was a good ride with my brother with some nice scenery, lots of deer and some fun singletrack.

Great trip and cant wait for man trip 2015
!

Old 06-17-2014, 05:51 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firffighter View Post
I'm not quite sure what happened, but I ended up sailing over the bars and face planted into some rocks. I was pretty hazy for a while and hit my left eye. It started swelling and my wrists and elbow were very sore.
Woof - that sounds pretty bad; definitely not the way to spend one of the days of the trip

At least the rain came in and knocked the dust down - too bad it couldn't have done that before you guys arrived.

I've had my share of rock induced moments with off trail excursions; all my buddies have steering dampers and swear by 'em...just haven't had the extra $$$ to put one on my bike.

Hope the wrists and elbows heal up quickly - are you heading back out there toward the end of this week for another camping trip?

Thanks for posting the pics and video, it's such a cool area
Old 06-17-2014, 07:46 PM

I'm going to get a damper soon! HRR broke his wrist several years ago on a ride with me and we've never ridden without a damper since. It was just stupidity on my part to not have one on my bike. They have saved me a number of times and would have helped a ton on that spill as well as keep things tracking much better in the tons of rock of there.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:36 PM

Who's riding that sweet white 250? He rides silky smooth! Looks like you had a hard time keeping up. Maybe you should stay back at camp and cook and clean for the riders.
1974 XL125