Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:00 AM

Default Watchdog Question

I did my 1st Enduro w/ my Watchdog computer this past weekend. I need a little help since I burned 2 checks.

Question 1: Reset at 32.4 to 35.9 (3.5)
You come into a reset and your mileage is off just a bit. You use the up arrow to change your mileage. Do you
Change it to 32.4 or 35.9. It seems to me since I programmed the reset, I would change it to 32.4. Will I automatically
see a countdown to let me know when I should leave? I was on time, but I didn’t see a countdown and had to manually
figure out when I should leave.

Question 2: Pause 12 Min. at 20
Same question, should I see a countdown as to when I should leave if my mileage is correct. I didn’t.

I figure I’m doing something wrong. Any help is appreciated.

09 Husaberg FE450
08 GasGas DE300
07 TM EN300
07 GasGas TXT Pro 280

Old 09-11-2008, 01:30 PM

I don't have a WD, but have used both an ICO and Pacemaker which operated pretty much the same way.

Question 1: Reset at 32.4 to 35.9 (3.5) -
When you arrive at the above reset and your comp. mileage is greater than 35.9, the computer has already calculated the 3.5 miles reset. All you need to do is bump it back down to 35.9 to see how far ahead or behind you are on time. If your comp. mileage is less than 32.4, then adjusting it to 32.4 should automatically reset the mileage.

Question 2: Pause 12 Min. at 20 -
You should see the computer go into a countdown mode if you are not more than 12 minutes behind when you reach mile 20. Example: Assuming a 24 mph speed average and an 8:00 a.m keytime for the start control, the keytime for mile 20 is 8:50. If you arrive at mile 20 at 9:02 (8:50 + 0:12 pause) or later and adjust your mileage there will be no countdown.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

On the watchdog
When you enter the reset. Bump the millage to the correct milage. (32.4 the computer will reset it to 35.9) The center numbers will start to falsh on the screen. When flashing this tells you you are early. If a decimil point is in front of the numbers it is seconds early. Number then decimal is minete first.

On layovers it is the same, rember to program your layover in as a speed change. The way to do it is a speed change at proper milage , then when it prompts for a speed put in zoro mph, The next screen will say For.... That is were you enter the mintes the layover is.

Hope I made it clear. If not let me know I could talk you through it over the phone while you are in front of the bike,.

ED
Old 09-12-2008, 07:27 AM
Silver Level Site Supporter

Tim,

You can download the manuals here if you need to.

http://www.dugasengineering.com/dewebsite5_004.htm
Old 09-12-2008, 08:51 AM

Thanks Guys. I have another Enduro in 2 weeks. I'll pay more attention to bumping up or down the mileage. I feel better now, knowing it will do what I thought it should do. Call it a PEBSAK (Problem Exists Between Seat and Keyboard).

09 Husaberg FE450
08 GasGas DE300
07 TM EN300
07 GasGas TXT Pro 280
Old 09-12-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytim View Post
Call it a PEBSAK (Problem Exists Between Seat and Keyboard).
Yeah, every time I've burned a check it can be blamed on PEBSAK. Oh sure, I've had my share of mechanical issues such as ripping off the sensor wire in a crash and having the batteries go dead in the middle of an enduro, but my biggest problem has been forgetting to adjust mileage (and minute under Brand X rules).

Enduro computers definitely made the sport easier for those of us who are mathematically challenged, but as they say, garbage in = garbage out. Also it made the clubs get sneakier, so knowing the rules is still just as important.