Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 10-15-2021, 10:04 PM

I have multiple injectors and no real change when putting a new one in. Maybe one of the sensors that communicates with the computer but I don't have a diagram of whats what. Coolant sensor, air sensor, etc thats not supplying the right amount of fuel/timing when hot. Not sure but its driving me a bit crazy

Old 10-16-2021, 01:03 PM

Hi
I am having similar issues to yours. Bike is very hard to cold start, it floods. When flooded, if I turn to start engine with the fuel pump disconnected, then it backfires and starts, and then I switch the fuel pump on again. I though it could be the fuel pressure regulator, which lets the pressure being too high, but it is not. Maybe it is the throttle sensor, which signal is too high, and the cdi commands fuel...I Will order a TPS and replace it, but the question is, hoy can I config the TPS range in the Kokusan CDI?
Old 10-16-2021, 01:42 PM

Have you checked your valves yet? If its hard to start cold valves have always been the culprit for me. My issue is it fires up cold easily but once warmed up and ridden it won't fire.

I have a new coolant sensor on the way and I pulled the ambient temp sensor last night that was caked in dirt so I'm hoping one or the other clears it up. I feel like it's a sensor that's either getting heat soaked and telling the computer to add to much fuel or vise versa.
Old 10-16-2021, 01:46 PM

Also the fuel injectors have been known to cause issues if anything clogs them the smallest amount. They can be had for like $10 online depending where you're located. Search IWP043. Got mine through Amazon since it was the quickest way for me.
Old 10-16-2021, 04:27 PM

Valve clearance is fine, I checked it, and the injector is new. I hace a spare of the water temperature sensor, the one located at the cylinder, but I do not know about the ambient temperature sensor, where is it?
Old 10-16-2021, 04:31 PM

By the way, the TPS I ordered is the MARELLI: PF1C/00
Old 10-16-2021, 07:00 PM

Air sensor is in the air box, right side near starter relay. You can see it barely if you remove the filter and can also access it by removing right side number plate on exhaust side. It's a small resistor type sensor, mine was covered up with dried dirt pretty good. Haven't put it back yet though and tried to fire it up. Was reading some ducati forums and its cause hard/ no stats with a lot of people. I don't know the PN off hand and hoping I can cross reference to something easily available.
Old 10-16-2021, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikelDuke View Post
Valve clearance is fine, I checked it, and the injector is new. I hace a spare of the water temperature sensor, the one located at the cylinder, but I do not know about the ambient temperature sensor, where is it?
The water temp sensor connected to the cylinder head should be responsible for turning on the radiator fan and as far as I know it has nothing to do with EFI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzWickedSS View Post
Air sensor is in the air box, right side near starter relay. You can see it barely if you remove the filter and can also access it by removing right side number plate on exhaust side. It's a small resistor type sensor, mine was covered up with dried dirt pretty good. Haven't put it back yet though and tried to fire it up. Was reading some ducati forums and its cause hard/ no stats with a lot of people. I don't know the PN off hand and hoping I can cross reference to something easily available.
https://www.roadraceperformanceshrop...erature-sensor Is this the sensor you are looking for? Ducati p/n 552.4.012.1A
Old 10-16-2021, 09:31 PM

That looks like the air sensor.

My bike didn't come with a fan, from what I read the temp sensor does communicate with the computer and can affect hot startingif it's not telling the computer the right readings
Old 10-31-2021, 11:17 AM

Have you made any progress? I took apart my starter motor. The brushes were quite worn and the bearing in the front of the starter is completely destroyed. I am still waiting for a new bearing and probably will be for a while because the only place I could find a suitable bearing was aliexpress and shipping from there takes ages. New brushes were easier to find. A brushplate from a DRZ400 fit perfectly and was around 10$