Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CACTUSREID View Post
moto groove, I hate to bring up the obvious, but gasgas is not going to put much attention to a guy's comments, that has not bought a bike from them in 15 years? if you were them, would you? This is just business in our world today.
a) Were the ideas bad, or am I just bad?

b) I need a new dirt bike. Shopping now.

c) Sorry I wasn't here for the initial beating of the dead horse.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:52 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk D View Post
Since the Motocross center thread is closed , I'll post in this one. Having a person going to a dealer for parts is assinine. If you want to go that route, make Rocky Mountain Atv a dealer, so parts can be ordered online, quickly and easily. A dealer rarely has parts in stock, even with Kawasaki KDX, which was made for 10 years , I cant walk into a Kawasaki Dealer and get a part for it, even though it is probably one of there most common bikes out there. Dealers aren't good for much anymore, and nobody has the time to sit there and hunt down a part, calling dealer to dealer.

I think GasGas is better off going in the direction of the Tesla model, being a not so common brand, this would be better for the customer, and the company.
This works only if the customer knows exactly what they want, and exactly what will fit their bike.
Some dealers actually do stock parts; as Smackover Motor Sports did when we were in business. Being in a rural area, it gave people a reason to call us, and we shipped parts all over the world.

I know personally that Halls Cycles and Matto Cycles both stock parts, and am sure that there are others that do, also.
This new system that GasGas NA is setting up should work well. Give it a chance.
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/