Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 07-26-2016, 05:35 AM

Dear Gas Gas corporate,

Please give the parts finder to all your dealers for free, so they can have it on their sites. Don't make the consumer jump back and forth between your site and theirs.

As for the parts finder on your site, I was terribly disappointed to be redirected to a page that requires a user name and password. That is not consumer friendly in the least. Everybody already has too many passwords.
http://www.gasgasmotos.us/parts-fiche-finder/

As somebody mentioned above, if you could work out logistics which allow dealers to drop ship directly to the consumer from your new facility, that would be the best of both worlds. It seems like a reasonable goal, given today's technology.

Good luck ,and thanks for keeping the faith.

-Dean
2001 xc300
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9046[1].jpg (126.3 KB, 34 views)

Old 07-27-2016, 12:19 AM

moto groove, I hate to bring up the obvious, but gasgas is not going to put much attention to a guy's comments, that has not bought a bike from them in 15 years? if you were them, would you? This is just business in our world today.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CACTUSREID View Post
moto groove, I hate to bring up the obvious, but gasgas is not going to put much attention to a guy's comments, that has not bought a bike from them in 15 years? if you were them, would you? This is just business in our world today.
But they should, because the "big" money and reputation is in selling and availability of parts not bikes.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:01 AM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CACTUSREID View Post
What about people who have bought bikes from them in the last 5 years and have bought other gas gas bikes only to have the same thing happen all over again?
Old 07-27-2016, 08:40 AM

Constructive criticism is great but they haven't even been given a chance to fully implement their plan, which they outlined in detail MULTIPLE times. Everyone gets that it sucks when you can't get parts (or are required to do some digging) but this is a company that was just bought out of bankruptcy. It isn't Honda or Yamaha or KTM. Maybe time for some of us to put on our big boy pants, accept our responsibility for buying from a very small company that has had issues for years, and give them a chance to execute their plan before throwing more internet tantrums. If they lied or fail to execute their plan then fair game to blast them. Either that or be honest that you can't stomach the issues that often come with small manufacturers and move to someone else. There are too many good options to have this kind of stress in your life.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:10 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
Constructive criticism is great but they haven't even been given a chance to fully implement their plan, which they outlined in detail MULTIPLE times. Everyone gets that it sucks when you can't get parts (or are required to do some digging) but this is a company that was just bought out of bankruptcy. It isn't Honda or Yamaha or KTM. Maybe time for some of us to put on our big boy pants, accept our responsibility for buying from a very small company that has had issues for years, and give them a chance to execute their plan before throwing more internet tantrums. If they lied or fail to execute their plan then fair game to blast them. Either that or be honest that you can't stomach the issues that often come with small manufacturers and move to someone else. There are too many good options to have this kind of stress in your life.
+1 This horse has been beat to death and buried. Now someone dug it up and we're beating it again haha.

It's a long time in todays world but I'd say mid 2017 is probably the earliest any judgement could be made.

I've moved on but I look forward to when they put modern bike out and have their business structure up to speed.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:33 AM

I do see some positive things 17's are at dealers now! And judging from the temperature its not January. This is a huge step in the right direction.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:23 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Link to new microfiche

Hello Everyone,

Here is the link to the new microfiche with retail pricing, suspension manuals, and the start of the PG&A which will be added in due order in the next couple of weeks. As well as the 2017 models are almost complete as well. Then we will get back to creating the "hotpoints" for everything older than 2007. You wouldn't believe the man hours converting a PDF to excel, sorting and formatting, then uploading page by page.

https://documoto.digabit.com/Portal/

Username: Demo
Password: Demo2016!

It won't allow you to create a shopping cart yet, but we are trying to create a program where you can create a shopping cart and email that order to your favorite or closest GG dealer.

It will eventually have different options for brake pads, rotors, chains, and anything else aftermarket as well.

Perhaps I can get Jeff to add a link to this system as well.

But the biggest thing will be when we repair issues or prices we find incorrect from the factory, we can fix ourselves without waiting on some IT company from a different source to correct.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:55 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Thumbs up

Thanks Mark. Older parts books again available, and ordering from the parts list. That will be really good.
Will the password work indefinitely, or will we need to go on an set a personalized password for the system to work? (having the order shipped, etc?)

Good luck, and thanks for all the work.
'11 Gas Gas EC250 (primary ride)
'06 Gas Gas DE300
2004 Gas Gas TXT300 Pro
'94 Husaberg FE350
'86 Yamaha IT200
'86 Honda TRL200 Reflex
'04 KTM 525EXC (soon to be dual sported)
Several others, including project bikes, Deb's bike, and a fleet of grandkids' bikes

Let's go riding!
http://www.jebruns.com/Wudi19/wudi19.html
http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/
Old 07-28-2016, 03:42 PM

Since the Motocross center thread is closed , I'll post in this one. Having a person going to a dealer for parts is assinine. If you want to go that route, make Rocky Mountain Atv a dealer, so parts can be ordered online, quickly and easily. A dealer rarely has parts in stock, even with Kawasaki KDX, which was made for 10 years , I cant walk into a Kawasaki Dealer and get a part for it, even though it is probably one of there most common bikes out there. Dealers aren't good for much anymore, and nobody has the time to sit there and hunt down a part, calling dealer to dealer.

I think GasGas is better off going in the direction of the Tesla model, being a not so common brand, this would be better for the customer, and the company.