Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > Off Road Racer's Corner

Off Road Racer's Corner ISDE, Enduro, Hare Scrambles, etc.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:08 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Six days in Slovakia

Greetings from Kosice!

Wanted to let everyone know about the six days currently going on here in Slovakia! I have said it before, and i'll say it again...even if you aren't fast enough to qualify (AKA ME!) You should experience an ISDE once in your life! It is so much fun to see everyone on the same effort and the whole US crew working together to make sure these guys finish all 6 days!

Our team (gofasters) of Nate Ferderer, Brian Garrahan, and Reid Brown are doing well and the terrain is a blast! Everyone is loving the terrain and the trails! Trophy team is in first, but the juniors had two setbacks with Layne Michael injuring his wrist in the first test and Stu Baylor with shoulder injuries! Sun in the morning and rain in the afternoon yesterday and the forecast looks the same today!

Fred Hoess is going for the record amount of golds at the ISDE, 19!!!

Off to the paddocks for day 2!

|

Old 09-08-2015, 03:48 AM

Good luck !
Old 09-08-2015, 11:26 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFasters View Post
Our team (gofasters) of Nate Ferderer, Brian Garrahan, and Reid Brown are doing well and the terrain is a blast!
|
That sounds sweet Mark!

When you say Reid Brown...is that the same individual that hails from our fantastic Pacific Northwest? I had no idea (not that I'm in the know much of the time).

Please PLEASE post up reports from your trip; it's great reading stuff from the various sources (Enduro21.com, etc), but there's nothing like the perspective from one of our own.

So frickin' cool to be over there, experiencing that. I'm sure I can look up the specifics, but if you could post up any cool info, that'd be sweet
Old 09-08-2015, 04:51 PM

Smile Six days in slovakia.

Aussies are killing it!!! Top spot in world trophy, junior trophy, and womans. WOW.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOGG View Post
Aussies are killing it!!! Top spot in world trophy, junior trophy, and womans. WOW.
Good thing its not the itde...
Old 09-08-2015, 11:10 PM

Here's the first day video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fd0fz5ePh-w

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2015, 12:49 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Day 3 about to begin

I guess the forecasters here are about the same as our weather people. We were supposed to wake up to rain, but its another sunny morning so maybe the rains will come later. If it rains anything more than an inch, alot of guys will struggle with a few hills to climb. Some new guys were already talking buddy system to help, but you can't get any outside assistance except from an trail marshal and that isn't going to happen.

Despite a sluggish morning, Nate is still top club E3 rider with Reid Brown right behind him(yes, same Reid Brown from the northwest, his parents are very nice and their son is the same).

Stu Baylor, despite the shoulder continues to ride and put in some impressive rides.

Day 3 is usually the start of "crabiness" and "brain fade". The fun of the experience has happened in the first 2 days, now its work to get on the bike, concentrate, and get through 7 hrs of seat time. Today and tomorrow you would see everyone pretty quite, maybe a little short with words and every problem can be dramatic because of the moods!

Hopefully the rains stay away!

And yes, Milner and the Aussies FLEW yesterday..besting the Americans by over 1:22 minutes. Taylor Roberts had an off day, but i don't expect that to happen again.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:11 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Despite a sluggish morning, Nate is still top club E3 rider with Reid Brown right behind him(yes, same Reid Brown from the northwest, his parents are very nice and their son is the same).
That's so cool Mark, congrats to you and the guys for making it happen and succeeding.

Good luck with the remaining days and riding, it sounds like fatigue can be a major roadblock and I'm sure making it past that is hard as hell.

Looking forward to reading more updates as you have 'em. Checked the full results off enduro21.com yesterday and it was really neat to see GoFasters.com team there
Old 09-09-2015, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I used to ride with Reid's dad - Barrett Brown on occasion - We had a mutual friend.. Barrett probably didn't say so - not a vain bone in his body - but he medal'ed at the ISDE himself in his younger days... ;-)

They have done more to promote off road riding, racing, and trail development here in the Northwest than anyone I can think of. Including developing a trail clearing machine....

http://www.nohvcc.org/materials/Newsletter/news10-2014

http://singletracktools.com/

https://vimeo.com/7002781

I haven't seen Barrett in many years - please say hello from Jeff Dunham for me and wish both he and his son my best.

thanks,
jeff
Old 09-09-2015, 03:40 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
I used to ride with Reid's dad - Barrett Brown on occasion - We had a mutual friend.. Barrett probably didn't say so - not a vain bone in his body - but he medal'ed at the ISDE himself in his younger days... ;-)

They have done more to promote off road riding, racing, and trail development here in the Northwest than anyone I can think of. Including developing a trail clearing machine....

http://www.nohvcc.org/materials/Newsletter/news10-2014

http://singletracktools.com/

https://vimeo.com/7002781

I haven't seen Barrett in many years - please say hello from Jeff Dunham for me and wish both he and his son my best.

thanks,
jeff
Seems like an inspirational guy