Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:31 AM

Mate i wouldnt stress. Both my Gasser's have made sounds that have you expecting implosion of the motor. It just normal. They are noisey buggers on decel.

Main thing i would be checking is your pipe and springs.
Most of the noise from mine is the springs vibrating on the bent pipe on decel.

Scotties recomend piston and rings 50 - 60 hours. Theyve been racing them long enough, to know. Im doing mine soon too. Better to do both while your in there mate.
Keg will tell you the same.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSE.ONE View Post
Mate i wouldnt stress. Both my Gasser's have made sounds that have you expecting implosion of the motor. It just normal. They are noisey buggers on decel.

Main thing i would be checking is your pipe and springs.
Most of the noise from mine is the springs vibrating on the bent pipe on decel.

Scotties recomend piston and rings 50 - 60 hours. Theyve been racing them long enough, to know. Im doing mine soon too. Better to do both while your in there mate.
Keg will tell you the same.
Good call. I knew you'd have something valuable to say! I'm sure I'd read elsewhere about your engine sounding like its going to explode. Haha!

I'll make a few more needle changes again today. Want to try the N1EG and the N3EJ again for a back to back comparison. Will take note what difference it makes to the idle.

My friend thought it sounded like ring flutter and having around the 50-60hrs on it I think its time. I haven't been racing and was considering doing a set of rings and then the piston next time but might just take your advice. Its not much added cost. Are you going to do small end bearing too, or just piston and rings?
Old 06-05-2011, 09:19 PM

From what im aware it all comes togther,
Small end
Rings
Piston.
Could be wrong.
Ill probably just use a woosner(SPL?) piston kit i think.

Scotty has recomended 3 base gaskets aswell.

Probley 2 more normal rides and then its time for me. I wanna get it done before the next VORC round in 2 months.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

I'll order one from the keg I think. Sounds like the goods. Did you end up with an 'A' jug?

Any idea why they recommend more base gaskets? Port timing? Head work at the same time? Compression ratios? I was going to stick with the 2 gaskets as it is now. I'm happy with the power delivery. In saying that the 2011s come with only 1.

I'm actually teasing myself with thoughts of an S3 head. Bit more bling!
Old 06-06-2011, 01:50 AM

Dont know yet, havnt pulled it down and mic'ed it up.

Yeah 3 for port timing i think. I just really do what they say, they havnt been wrong yet. Im a sucker with them he could sell me anything

Ive ridden Dons (Scotties Mech) bike. He normally pulls them down new and does their mods and he has also put on the S3 head with Black insert into his 11' 300.
Very nice and crisp accel, with heaps of bottom. Was doing really sloppy ST so cant comment on top end but it was nice overall.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

Looks like they have the Wosner piston kits and everything I need in stock and ready to roll. Will be a little while before I find the day to fit it back together. Still waiting to hear if they have the S3 in stock and how much. Feeling pretty keen on it.

The sound I've been worrying about definately isnt the pipe vibing. It could be the sound of the piston through the pipe possibly.

As far as jetting it made no difference to the sound I'm referring to.. I'll check back after I've got the new slug in to give an update.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:23 AM

Could just be power valve actuation. Sounds like it to me.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

Could be too.. Sticking my finger up the exhaust port there is definate side play in the powervalve that makes a nice sound as it clinks against the side. I imagine this would make some noise when everything vibrating.

Any which way.. I calculated I have about 60-70hrs on it now.. Will get everything together for a top end now so its ready for the near future.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Could be too.. Sticking my finger up the exhaust port there is definate side play in the powervalve that makes a nice sound as it clinks against the side. I imagine this would make some noise when everything vibrating.

Any which way.. I calculated I have about 60-70hrs on it now.. Will get everything together for a top end now so its ready for the near future.
Let me know how you go.
There was a good thread on DBW about top end rebuilds by JC Insomniac
Old 06-07-2011, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Was reading it just last night

Scotties also has a good info section on their site.