Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Community Forums > Western United States

Western United States West of the Rocky Mountains

Old 01-31-2008, 09:36 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Default New NMA ISDE formated event in Wa.

Mark your calenders North West riders/racers Sunday July 27, 2008.

I will be taking on the chore of trail Boss for CFMC's new event the Grizzly ISDE. This race is part of the NMA series.
It will be staged out of Straddiline ORV park and go into the Capitol state forest. Sound test, Spark arrestors and ORV tabs required.
I am looking at a possible 80+ miles long. But that will depend on what bridges/ trails gets repaired in the next 6 months. It should have quite a few special tests, with maybe some moto x, enduro cross sections to get the spectators involved. As most from the region know we had very severe storms here this winter that have devastated many of our trail systems. Our club has already put in many hours just clearing trees in the weeks following the devastation along with helping do the damage assessment survey for the DNR so they can seek federal money to fix bridges and culverts.

Dont miss this race!
Come on out it should be fun.
I hope to see some Gas Gas riders there.

Roscoe

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 02-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator

You deserve a big thank you for stepping up as trail boss.
It is a thankless job.

I wish every rider could be in our shoes to know what is involved in putting on an event.

After putting on 6 Texas State enduros and one National, I have officially given up on putting on events. Being a punching bag ain't no fun.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

But Girard, you make a fine punching bag!

Current ride: 2009 WR450

Previously owned: 12 Gas Gas XC300R, 06 WR450, 06 YZ250, 05 Gas Gas EC250, 05 KTM 450EXC, 02 KX250 w/EG310 kit, 03 YZ250F
Old 02-02-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
You deserve a big thank you for stepping up as trail boss.
It is a thankless job.

I wish every rider could be in our shoes to know what is involved in putting on an event.

After putting on 6 Texas State enduros and one National, I have officially given up on putting on events. Being a punching bag ain't no fun.

Thanks for that. I know about the punching bag part, Ive seen it all to many times. It sucks when that happens! If the individual only realized what it takes to put an event on they would probably think twice about bitchin! We're all just a bunch of volunteers trying to give competitive people a way to play. I have Been helping our club put on 4 different style events per year for quite a few years now, and told them I would be trail boss if we changed our harescramble we have done for many years to an ISDE. So guess what happened, BINGO! Were putting on an ISDE formated race.

My main reasons for wanting to change from a Harescramble.
There is only 1 other ISDE in our NMA off road series now, all the others went away. The racers voices have been heard, they have been saying they really miss these.
But the #1 reason. When we put on a hare scramble it is on private land and all the trail work we do building and maintaining trail is for some individual to prosper from. When we put on this style of event we can obtain a permit to hold it on public land which in turn all the trail work our club does goes to the public trails system and everyone reaps the rewards. I must say I must have had a premonition about needing more public trail work this season cause with in a few months of saying I would take on this role we had the major storms. It makes taking on this job a bit more stressful but it will be well worth it in the end.

On a side note I see Houston for your location. I don't know how you guys ride and race in the summer there, I spent a summer there some 25 years ago and the humidity off the gulf of Mexico and the down right heat combined to make it very miserable. I wear Moose Sahara gear up here and have overheated. I bet winter riding rocks though.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 02-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

It does get humid here. But, we are used to it.

Storms are a problem for us too. Couple years ago we had a hurricane come through, we had to remove 32 18"+ trees off the trails. On top of that, we had to reschedule the race so it was double work putting arrows and signs back up.

Start Control formats are "easier" to put on.
You need less man power on race day and the whining drops by 99.9%.
There's no whining about, mileages being off, clocks being off, burn happy check point workers, etc.
Sorry Bandit9, just my $0.02

I've always said that we're not loosing events because of land issues, it's because of whining riders.
..............exit soap box.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:14 PM

18" You call them trees, up here we call that brush, HA HA.

Ya we put on the Black Bear enduro and the little Bear Beginners Enduro up here and our trail Boss's turn into total wrecks the days prior to the event.
A timekeeping enduro is a very stressful format for the boss.
But well worth it.

let's keep the timekeeper going people!

Old 02-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
let's keep the timekeeper going people!
Start a new thread with this topic heading.
Gimme time to grab a lawn chair, it WILL get good.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:53 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
Ya we put on the Black Bear enduro and the little Bear Beginners Enduro up here :
Last year's Little Bear was my first enduro. My only previous organized motorcycle events have been a few dual-sport rides. The beginner's enduro was an absolute blast -- probably the best time I've had on dirt in my short career. I'm definitely planning on doing more enduros, largely based on my very positive experience at this event. If you were part of the planning and execution, many, many thanks. It could even be argued that this event inspired me to get a more trail-specific bike vs. my DRZ. My wife probably doesn't thank you...
Old 02-03-2008, 11:40 PM

Gregarious thats great to hear!
Well all except the part about your wife. Keep her interested by giving her lots of kudos and get her out with other women who ride, it gives em that little extra drive, you know that bit of competitiveness comes out in them. My wife loves trying to finish enduros and now has 2 enduro medals. She has finished 2 full blown Enduros now entering the womens class.
If you really get wrapped up in this sport as we have over the years, you may want to join a club to give back to the sport and meet other enthusiasts like you.
I hope you enjoyed our short but informative little Bear enduro school before the event start to help you learn the basics.

We will be holding both our enduros at the same 2 locations this year The Little Bear will be on June 6,2008 Capitol Forest and the Black Bear will be on November 2, 2008 Tahuya. Hope to see ya there!

Roscoe

P.S. your very welcome! Thats the reason our club puts on enduros, cause some people do appreciate it , like you!

Old 02-04-2008, 10:01 AM

I'll have to check my schedule but right now it looks like it will fit. Are you guys going to do it like a true ISDE (all day event, FIM enduro rules, etc)? Lights required?