Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Site Sponsor

Have you removed the basket and greased or lubed the washer on the back side? I have had plenty of these bikes, never had an issue except in 07 when I was racing mx and forgot to put oil in the bike. oooooppppppppssssss my fault, and I took it apart and pre lubed everything and it was fine after that. Not saying that you have no oil or low on oil but that was the only issue I have ever had with a squeaking clutch on a gasser. Maybe try using green colored springs from the 450? Different oil?, clutch rod?, bleeding fluid or replacing it? or just pound it till something breaks and then you now what it was lol! Good luck on trying to break it cause I have tried and it is tough!!!!!!

Old 02-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgranger View Post
Clay, my dealer is 1,000 miles away. Any chance that you can send me the info? I don't think that there is a GASGAS dealer anywhere near Katy, TX? Also, I forgot to notice it is not just the squawk, but that it didn't turn the bike over.

Thanks !
Rob
Rob,
TJ's in Austin is a GG dealer. 136 miles.
Basically it's an alignment thing. First loosen the starter from the PV cover. If there is a gap, shim it with washers. If it still does it then its an up and down alignment issue. Also, first make sure that the battery is fully charged. That's the biggest problem most times.
Clay
Old 02-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Ron, just got the bike, haven't done anything yet, first real ride was last sunday.

Clay, thanks I will give that a shot and see what turns out.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
my solution to clutch squeal (only under serious abuse!) was to fit a 12 front sprocket. Still top 120+ km/h but bottom is just that little bit easier in the tech stuff.

Now need to sort out the jetting, definitely a little rich
I would run 13/51 before running 12/48. The sprockets and chain will last longer and the effect on the suspension should be better with a larger rear sprocket.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:53 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keg View Post
I would run 13/51 before running 12/48. The sprockets and chain will last longer and the effect on the suspension should be better with a larger rear sprocket.
I will prob go that way when i replace the current setup, but for experimenting it is much cheaper to change the front sproket.
I really thought there would be a bigger difference to the top, but I hardly notice it, guess that is the advantage of 6 gears!
Old 02-12-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
I will prob go that way when i replace the current setup, but for experimenting it is much cheaper to change the front sproket.
I really thought there would be a bigger difference to the top, but I hardly notice it, guess that is the advantage of 6 gears!
I agree...Ive done it for years and never noticed any issues..besides its easier and quicker to change back and forth when your out riding
Old 02-13-2011, 12:26 AM

well had my first ride on my new 300 and my thoughts are yep its squeals too, thinking of adding extra oil and see if that helps? my sidi's catch in the side covers [ fixed with a bit of duct tape], suspensions way too stiff, so much so we revalved the forks in the back of the van at lunch and backed of all sets on the rear and its pretty dam good now, jetting was 180 main 38 pilot and red JD needle and its running very smooth and clean and boy ya got to love that e-start overall yaa hoo
Old 02-13-2011, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

I had read about this earlier. I've racked up 1000+km on my 300 riding in pleanty of slops and ST and have given the clutch a fair working. Yet to hear this sound you all speak of. Strange that some do and some don't.. What temps are people who are experiencing it riding in?? must be some common factor

Tags
2011, clutch, e-starter, ec300, kick starter