Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:48 PM

Um no, when the bike was in 6th it most certainly was holding the inner basket, that's how I got it off. I used huge pair of vice grips and held the sprocket splines. Not the prettiest method but it worked.

The outer basket piece spins with/is spun by the motor.

Re: One piece at a time- I am trying!

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:51 PM

Before you go too far check the slave o-ring, may have swollen and/or rolled in its groove. Cruiser had a weird problem like this on his '03, really hard pull. Other than that, if anything happened to increase the release travel (like a loose basket) the slave may bottom before the clutch releases.

If you pull the pressure plate off and there is still excessive resistance, its the slave.

A grooved basket has nothing to do with a hard lever, all the slave does is push the pressure plate up through the rod.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Site Sponsor

was it a 'hard lever' ? he said 'crushing the lever' i thought that meant you had to be all the way into the bar to get it to disengage. if it's a 'resistance' type feel it's definitely slave (probable) or master (doubtful)

but you did say there was a broken friction right? it's not all for naught - and you learned a good skill

p.s. you didn't need to remove snap ring on pressure plate - the throwout stays with the pressure plate. but you get to inspect it at least..

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 05-04-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlesscycle View Post
was it a 'hard lever' ? he said 'crushing the lever' i thought that meant you had to be all the way into the bar to get it to disengage. if it's a 'resistance' type feel it's definitely slave (probable) or master (doubtful)

but you did say there was a broken friction right? it's not all for naught - and you learned a good skill

p.s. you didn't need to remove snap ring on pressure plate - the throwout stays with the pressure plate. but you get to inspect it at least..
It is resistance. I should have been more detailed. I am pretty sure it's not the master cause it bled fine and dandy.

The clutch I took apart wasn't on the working Gas Gas. I have an entire extra motor. Yes I realize now I can (and will!) leave the snap ring on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post
Before you go too far check the slave o-ring, may have swollen and/or rolled in its groove. Cruiser had a weird problem like this on his '03, really hard pull. Other than that, if anything happened to increase the release travel (like a loose basket) the slave may bottom before the clutch releases.

If you pull the pressure plate off and there is still excessive resistance, its the slave.

A grooved basket has nothing to do with a hard lever, all the slave does is push the pressure plate up through the rod.
Great advice thanks!!!!

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Old 05-04-2011, 01:11 PM

Realized I never posted these-

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Old 05-07-2011, 03:27 PM

It was the nut that holds the clutch hub (inner basket?) on. It was loose, so when the clutch cylinder bottomed out it still wasn't separating.

That stupid nut holding metal flange is worthless though. Pain the ass to deal with/get back on some kind of properly.

It's fixed and I am going riding tomorrow!!!!

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg
Old 05-08-2011, 05:15 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideshowBob View Post
That stupid nut holding metal flange is worthless though. Pain the ass to deal with/get back on some kind of properly.
the metal lock tab is very easy to use. to tighten: get a large pair of channel locks, place 1 plier end on side of nut, and one on edge of lock tab, and squeeze. the lock tab will bend up. hard to describe, easy to do.

to loosen: i hit them with a punch, they flatten right out.

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 05-09-2011, 10:56 AM

Thanks I'll give that a try when I pull it back out to check up on everything and retorque.

2003 EC250 w/ Ohlins pkg

Tags
clutch, disengage, high lever effort