Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:43 PM

Default Brembo Brake Parts

I need some help if at all possible please,

As some of you are aware I am rebuilding my 98 gasser which has brembo brakes fitted to it.
I've contacted gas gas uk who have advised me that as GG no longer use brembo's they do not have the parts I desperately need for the calipers.

The parts I need is x 2 rubber dust seals ( part no: 224648.40) for the front and rear calipers, as there's no point refurbishing the brakes fitting new pads etc if the sliding pin rubber seal is not fitted as it will just let in dirt and within a few rides potentially seize which is not what I want.

I also need some clips x 4 to hold the pads in. I cannot see a part number on it
so I dont know whether they come in a new box of pads.

maybe this is in the wrong area but I need people to see it just in case somebody somewhere has some , so I can rebuild the brakes.

Hope you can help a fellow gasser out.
Thanks

Old 04-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Silver Level Site Supporter

my kids' KTMs use brembo brakes. can you check a KTM parts fische to see whether the rubber parts there will work? My guess is that they will.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:19 PM

TM are generally good for old parts stock. Try searching the parts fiches here I have a feeling TMs and GGs of that era had identical front ends. KTM would be worth a try too. It's many years since I owned a KTM, but Redline were always helpful.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:25 PM

thanks for the replies fella's i'll check it out
Old 04-17-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz11 View Post
my kids' KTMs use brembo brakes. can you check a KTM parts fische to see whether the rubber parts there will work? My guess is that they will.
Your the man, Thanks for the help found the parts on a fiche within 10 seconds so gonna buy them from KTM ...sadly not Gas Gas which seems a little strange but who cares my prayers answered in one post.