Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:37 PM

Default I think I have a problem

I've only been back for 2 days from the 07 ISDE, yet I'm already planning my race season next year, including going to the 08 ISDE in Greece. There's 6 inches of snow on the ground and it's below freezing outside, yet I keep thinking about studding up a pair of tires and going riding. I'm in debt up to my eyeballs from last season, lost a girlfriend due to my race schedule, and all I can think about is I need to start preparing for next season. I drive a rusty 89 Toyota 4Runner, but I have a pimped out 07 GasGas EC250 and a still good 01 EC200 sitting in the garage. I rarely go out partying anymore (weekends are for racing!), my non-riding friends think I've fallen off the face of the earth, and the only way my family sees me is if they come to the races with me. Right now, my line of credit is maxed, same for my credit card; my life savings are non-existent, unless you look out in the garage. All of this in pursuit of a dream that only comes true for a select few.

My friends think I'm nuts. My parents think I need to re-evaluate my decisions. I just think I need to go riding.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyManiac View Post
I've only been back for 2 days from the 07 ISDE, yet I'm already planning my race season next year, including going to the 08 ISDE in Greece. There's 6 inches of snow on the ground and it's below freezing outside, yet I keep thinking about studding up a pair of tires and going riding. I'm in debt up to my eyeballs from last season, lost a girlfriend due to my race schedule, and all I can think about is I need to start preparing for next season. I drive a rusty 89 Toyota 4Runner, but I have a pimped out 07 GasGas EC250 and a still good 01 EC200 sitting in the garage. I rarely go out partying anymore (weekends are for racing!), my non-riding friends think I've fallen off the face of the earth, and the only way my family sees me is if they come to the races with me. Right now, my line of credit is maxed, same for my credit card; my life savings are non-existent, unless you look out in the garage. All of this in pursuit of a dream that only comes true for a select few.

My friends think I'm nuts. My parents think I need to re-evaluate my decisions. I just think I need to go riding.
Other than the line of credit and credit card being maxed out, I don't see anything that is out of balance. If I wasn't so fiscally conservative, I'd be right there with you. I love racing too, I always lemented that I didn't do my first ISDE until I was 29, since I always wanted to move to europe and race teh WEC (if I would of had contacts I surely would have gone into debt to make it happen). Let me say this, do it now before you have a wife and kids that are affected by your decisions.
Now put on the studs and go riding! I'm also thinking about attacking a set of sand tires with a couple hundred sheet metal screws and my cordless black&decker.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:41 PM

Hey, your a kid just out of school. You've got a life many of us older guys miss. Your staying out of trouble and having fun so enjoy it. Its only money, and women cost more than bikes when you add it up, trust me!

If we get decent cover I may get some of those screw in studs from WER. Wonder how they would work in FIM tires? Still have the OEMs hanging on the wall in great shape. Right now it dangerous here as the leaves on the trail are deep and hide all the rocks, logs and stumps.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:45 PM

Do It while you enjoy it. Sooner than later it catches up to you & you will end up joining all the rest of us nutters who blew off everything off for the thrills & spills. The memories will live forever & none of us have any regrets (IMHO). Good Luck next season!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Site Sponsor

Don't worry enjoy it now. I should have done more(major races) when I was young and single and kinda regret it now that I am 50 and may not be able to ride much at all.
Claude
'07 EC300 sold
'06 EC300 sold
'78 Suzuki RM250C2
'75 Yamaha YZ250B sold
Old 11-30-2007, 09:29 PM

Son, keep going, live the dream.

As said above tits ARE more expensive than tires and are usually not that fond of memories. (Well, apart from Jane maybe, but thats another story....).

BTW, don't spend any more money on cars than what you just absolute need, they are a waste of money (IMHO)

Now, get planning for next race season.....

K
05 Pampera 250
Old 11-30-2007, 09:48 PM

I'm married, racing and my wife hates me for it..... God I'm gonna miss her! LOL
Old 11-30-2007, 11:26 PM

Thumbs up

Keep up,

I am 32, married and a 2 year old princes, never been in a ISDE and planning to participate in one hope soon when I buy my next bike, it will cost as my wife does not let me go anywhere alone ..... keep family together (American Irish Catholic)

Cheers,

Gus

I do take my daughter to the races, she loves bike, definitely will buy one to her , but I have to buy one for my wife too in time.

XR250, WR250 2t, WR400, GG EC250, EXC520...next..?

Believe what you speak...you will received!