Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 04-05-2007, 10:22 PM

Glenn,
Now I really have to stop by!! I want to see that skidplate up close,, I broke my flatland plate sunday,, stupid rocks!
Steve

Old 04-06-2007, 09:03 PM

Hey gmp I got my combo the same day too!!
Sure is stout looking. I'm a little worried as i think my pipe is slightly bent in. Guess I'll find out when i go to mount it up
Old 04-29-2007, 09:38 PM

A few thoughts on the hyde combo pipe and skid plate. I have yet to ride with this thing yet, the following thoughts are from doing the install.

Very stout looking set up. There were no instructions regarding install. Would have saved a bit of head scratching but I got it done. Was a bit of a pain in the arse to install. If you have an older bike with a pipe that has taken a few hits a combo might not be a good idea. If the pipe is a little out of kilt I think you'll have problems getting the mount holes on the skid plate to mount up as the pipe part of the bash plate dictates where everything else falls. Another issue with the combo is if you have to take the pipe off than the whole unit has to come off. This could be a pain in the arse. The front mount for the skid plate part did not line up correctly. It is bent in a manner that it should sit nice and snug between the frame rails. Mine does not fit between the rails. It's a bit cockeyed, one side fits nice the other does not line up and is not tight to the frame rail. I'll call the dist and ask for another or maybe my pipe is bent in a bit and throwing things off. Could always try a little creative bending myself Rear clamps lined up perfect tho.

Protection of the combo looks to be superb. If the one piece unit keeps the pipe from moving around it may make sense on a new bike or a bike with a new pipe. My pipe is the stock gasser unit. Gotta wonder how it would fit with an aftermarket pipe?? On an older bike with a used pipe I think I might go with two seperate pieces. Right now I'm 50/50 on the whole deal. We'll see how it works out over the season.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:18 AM

Skid,

For the combo I thought about the removal issue as well. What do you think of removing the plastic rivits that tie the parts together, and replacing them with M5 bolts, from the inside? That way the parts could be removed separately.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:17 PM

Funny you should mention that. I was kind of thinking the same thing. Although I was thinking if the pipe got a bit tweaked you could pop the rivits and run them as seperate units. Did you have any issues with the front clamp not fitting correctly??
Old 05-01-2007, 07:23 AM

I havn't even tried to fit the thing yet. The bike is on the stand all apart, having a bitch of a time fitting rad guards. '06 Flatlands DO NOT fit stock. The rear mount does not line up and the new rads block the bolt. I cut the rear mount off, designed new thicker head stays with a higher more rearward mount hole just for the rad guards. Will fab today and hopefully solve the problem so I can finnish the bike setup.

If the Hyde front mount doesn't line up I'll just make one from SS like I did for my CRD plate. Have you tried heating the plastic and bending it to fit your pipe?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:20 PM

Hi,

I am looking at getting a hyde skid plate. I am just wondering if I should get the combo skid plate/pipe protector or just the skid plate. I quite often ride in very muddy conditions where a skid plate would be useful, but I am worried that the combo would cause a huge build up of mud. Is there anywhere for the mud to escape on with the combo setup?

Any suggestions please.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:47 PM

I actually rode about a week ago through a bit of mud ... not too much, but good and muddy. It looks like a good bit of crud comes off the front tire and ends up stuck in the area behind the pipe and in front of the motor. I'm going to get some of that foam and stuff it in there.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:55 PM

YES, its a shovel! Its a PIA to clean out too. Thats the only negative so far. The foam works good. I've got it packed in behind the pipe and the pipe heat doesn't affect it at all. Good fix!
Old 06-07-2007, 07:59 PM

did you find all kinds of leaf litter in the air gap around the pipe guard too?? Good thing it's not a 4 t I'd be worried about setting it on fire!!