Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:17 AM

Default gasgas EC 300 problem i think ???

hi me mate has a gas gas 300 2 stroke that keeps gettin pools of sludgy oil in the power valve cover on the left side the BIG cover not the little lever side one

is it normal or not as there is a load everytime he goes out atb paul

Old 07-29-2011, 07:26 AM

Welcome to the site. Please use the search function. This is a common issue when the drain on the lower left side is eithar clogged or pinched off.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:58 AM

Hi sorry about that bud what do you mean drain pinched off and what drain
Old 07-29-2011, 09:21 AM

there should be a fitting facing forward in front of the PV cover with a drain hose. Transmission vent is on the right side cover, I'm talking about the left side. It is common for the bike to come with this drain/vent hose pinched and zip-tied closed. My '00 didn't even have a drain (the hole was cast but was never drilled through or tapped). The aftermarket PV cover I bought had the drain built in to the bottom of it so depending what year bike (or if you have an aftermarket cover) that is what to look for.
Like GMP said, perfectly normal. Find the drain hose and open it up and just leave it that way.

'00 XC250 (mine)
LTS front and rear suspension, power valve cover, carb jet kit and rear chain glide, RB Designs head mod, BRP tall triple clamp, backyard foot-peg lowering conversion.
'04 EC250 (the kids)
(he can do his own mods haha!)
Old 07-29-2011, 12:59 PM

yeh it has the vent on top of the right side of engine the little cover with the mechanics in it but the left side the big cover there is no drain holes pipes of fittings so i think its been left un drilled its a 02-04 bike

il drill it and put an open bleed type nipple in it with a length of hose going down from it to under engine..

that should be ok i think lol

atb paul
Old 07-29-2011, 01:16 PM

My bike has a plug with a crush washer where the drain "should" be.
I assume we're talking about point A in the photo.

I noticed there's also a pinhole sized drain into the threaded hole for the bottom powervalve cover bolt (Point B in the photo). It drains from a different low spot than the other drain.

I assumed draining them now and then was the routine. But I didn't have lots of buildup in mine anyway. Not sure I'm going to hang a vent there... I got by fine for a decade.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Powervalve-drains.jpg (114.6 KB, 45 views)
Old 07-29-2011, 09:12 PM

my 04 does that, its ok. in the mannual it says to drain it regularly.
mine even has the fitting, pipe etc, for the drain but i cant find where the hole is supposed to be, thinking of just drilling it.
btw, the hole in the fitted/threaded drain tube is REALLY small, maybe .5mm or so, so i wouldn't drill to big a hole if your going to....