Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

Default Good deal on 300 piston

Theres a guy on ebay with wiseco piston for 119 or best offer with free shipping the catch is they are 71.97 so you need a c-d cylinder.Both mine are A . But if you have one id bid 110 or even pay 119 and stock up.
Stoby

Old 07-12-2011, 06:49 AM

The piston is for sale from the GG shop I bought my 300 at. Good guy. I also have an "A" cylinder. I really like the looks of the Wossner piston with the coating on it instead of the Wiseco however.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:47 AM

You can get away with a B,C in an A cyl with a cast piston, I have done it many times and don't even think about it, my 250 has a B Vertex in its A cyl now coming up on 75 hrs. and still in good shape. I have also done a B Wiseco in an A cyl. Any more than that and I'd measure both with GOOD instruments to be sure, but likely your still in spec. The difference in size is so small (+.01mm per letter increment) that the error in measurement with less than perfect tools and methods is larger.

Forged pistons generally spec more clearance than cast due to the higher expansion coefficients. Theoretically, forged is less likely to fatigue, but I have had excellent results with Vertex for years now with a 75 - 100 hr service interval.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:09 PM
Bronze Level Site Supporter

I just got my wossner today.if you want a wossner,i got a decent deal $150 to my door from racepartsplus ebay.I like the coating on the wossner.Funny when i took my jug off it had a wiseco 71.97 in it.... My nikasil is gone though. Its an 01 so no surprise Sending jug w/piston to powerseal tomorrow after i clean it up a little.
another funny thing is i dont mind a cast piston esp. in a big engine since theyre usually lighter(rev easier) and not pounded as hard as a small cc bike. but The ones i found were more than forgings??????