Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambo-trev View Post
I've never felt the need to go this route. I have never gotten a pinch flat running 8lbs in the rear. I think a lot depends on tire and how heavy the bead is like on trelleborg or mitas. I'm sure some will say terrain but I run all kinds of terrain Including heavy sharp rock sections. Each to there own I guess but I wouldn't spend the money from my experience
I'm with you on this Trev. Always just run pressures relevant to the terrain. I personally think there is more to it as well like suspension setup and line selection. Either that or I'm just too slow and dont hit things hard enough.. but in saying that I always have markings on the rim from where the rubber has been pushed up on hard hits. I've also hit things hard enough to flat spot the rear rim.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:39 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

but the traction you are missing out on is something else.

And if you use them and happen to go back to a tube you will notice a difference, or if you happen to get a puncture and are unable to repair it, riding back on a flat with tubliss is so much easier
Old 04-09-2013, 07:56 AM

Once you run Tubliss on the front you will never go back to a tube. I'm hooked on the feel I get from the front, even at the same pressure as a tube.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:18 AM

+1 I agree I run front and rear tubliss and love it as well. The bike felt noticeably better after installing them. I was very skeptical but was starting to get more flats so I decided to try and so far absolutely no complaints. I used to run the maxxis heavy duty tubes and the weight difference is definitely noticeable when riding. Feels much smoother when riding and seems to me I get better feedback on what the bike is doing as I'm riding.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:41 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

too add, i also run normal pressures on the front, about 0.8 bar (12psi), although i got supplied with a Mitas C19 front for the roof and have been running 0.6bar (8.5psi) with that because it is such a tough tire

Most serious riders/racers here run mooses (google camel thorn and you will see why) but the other day i was chatting to a gold finisher at the roof who had just removed his mooses and gone back to tubliss and he had been smiling ever since - his wife still suspects he was having an affair!!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:33 AM

You guys actually feel a difference in traction and handling??? Please explain as I find that hard to believe why the wheels would "handle" better. Just curious
Old 04-09-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambo-trev View Post
You guys actually feel a difference in traction and handling??? Please explain as I find that hard to believe why the wheels would "handle" better. Just curious
Traction- YES I get trials tire traction from a knobby without the things I disliked about a trials tire.
Feel- YES It is lighter and it can be felt, I've ran TuBliss and then bought my current bike that had HD tubes when I bought it...I'm tight (broke) so I ran the tires out and I could tell a considerable difference when I mounted TuBliss on tire change over + with the lower pressure there is a grip difference in the front as well

One issue I had when originally changing over was that you need to run 'tougher' tires- on the same course with tubes & MX51s they worked fine with tubes but with the TuBliss & MX51s the grip was so improved that I pulled knobs out of the carcass- you could stick your thumb in the hole and I ran 2 hours on that flat. Problem stopped when I moved to stiffer tires + you don't have to buy top dollar tires, I get great traction/wear from Sedona tires at much less cost
2006 GasGas EC250-Sold to a good home
2006 GasGas TXT 280 Pro
Old 04-09-2013, 12:27 PM

I really want to try them if this is the general concencus I just bought a new set of rims so I could leave the trelleborgs on the factory rims this year and will spend 70 on tubes anyway but it has to be a worth while spend performance wise to blow 200 bucks on it
Old 04-09-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1956 View Post
Traction- YES I get trials tire traction from a knobby without the things I disliked about a trials tire.
Feel- YES It is lighter and it can be felt, I've ran TuBliss and then bought my current bike that had HD tubes when I bought it...I'm tight (broke) so I ran the tires out and I could tell a considerable difference when I mounted TuBliss on tire change over + with the lower pressure there is a grip difference in the front as well

One issue I had when originally changing over was that you need to run 'tougher' tires- on the same course with tubes & MX51s they worked fine with tubes but with the TuBliss & MX51s the grip was so improved that I pulled knobs out of the carcass- you could stick your thumb in the hole and I ran 2 hours on that flat. Problem stopped when I moved to stiffer tires + you don't have to buy top dollar tires, I get great traction/wear from Sedona tires at much less cost
Thats...pretty bold Fred...... I like your thinking here! Tires are not cheap.... I have been on the fence about this system....seems like where I would use a soft compound (Mich XC12 S), I could get away with a (MX51 or Mich XC12M?)

I will cut a old heavy duty tube down the middle (cut out valve stem) and use it as protective liner as add protection then install a really light weight tube..
to help combat pinch flats in the rocks.

With the TuBliss system it seems like this would not be required?

Thanks
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 04-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I run Tubliss in the front and like it.
I run a Pirelli MT43 trials on the the front and rear
The rear still has a HD tube only becuase I havent installed the Tubliss on the rear yet.
The biggest diff on the trials tires is that Pirelli has a thick sidewall and can be run flat. I really like the MT43 pirelli in the rear. In the front, I think all brands are about the same sidewall thickness.
Traction on a trials...? I ran a bald, all knobs wore off completely, on my old Pirelli MT43 just to see others say that it cant work. I would challenge them to a climb with their brand new knobbies. Anywhere they could go, I went. But places I could go they would just dig a trench and not make it. It was cool too becuase it helped you see and understand the 'sweet' spot on off chambers, then when you have a non bald tire you can really hookup.
I think its important to mount the Tubliss as per instructions and NOT use the existing rim holes. Also slime helps keep things lubed up, running cool, and then you can plug a tire in the middle of nowhere.
2014 Beta Evo Factory 300