Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:40 PM

Ken is def not a hack and very well respected in the north east as well as denny at flotek from va

Old 07-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Site Sponsor

good to know - you never know on a diy video if it's someone who knows what they're doing, or a hack. i didn't have a chance to look at all his vids to see if his methods are sound, but his transfer port stuff looks good. dremel is the slow and tedious way for sure though.

Stainless Cycle - Motorcycle Bolt Kits
www.stainlesscycle.com
Old 07-06-2011, 09:48 PM

Well, you seal off the cases around the con-rod using duct tape.
You then want to determine what areas of the cylinder and cases you want to grind on.
Take a light grease impression from both the surfaces using a spare new gasket placed between the jug and casing. You can repeat this again.
If you just remove from one side you may end up with too thin of a mating surface in the end. D'oh!

Now grab a Dremel and grind baby grind. Use a metal barrel type bit.

Mine had lots of ledge to remove.

Lastly, trim the gasket to match as well.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks lads.

I just cleaned up the dags and gave the exhaust port a polish and matched the edges a bit better on the exh flange this time around. Next time I tear it down I will go into things with more detail. It'll help knowing more about how everything works!
Old 07-07-2011, 02:23 AM

I'm still betting you'll need a new rear fender on order after the new top end, and S3 head.

Did you buy the GasGas stock piston or did you get a Wossner, ProX, or Wiseco replacement? The only reason I ask is because the piston crown may be shaped differently changing the squish clearance.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:52 PM

If you watch his earlier videos he explains he uses a dremel because that's what most people have access to. He also goes on to state for noobs its better as its not gonna take off as much material as a air grinder.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey28 View Post
I'm still betting you'll need a new rear fender on order after the new top end, and S3 head.

Did you buy the GasGas stock piston or did you get a Wossner, ProX, or Wiseco replacement? The only reason I ask is because the piston crown may be shaped differently changing the squish clearance.
Its happier lifting the front end under power now Don't wish bad things on me Bailey. I have a finger on the clutch 110% of the time! I went with the Wossner kit. Piston looked very similar to the naked eye.