Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 10-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit9 View Post
If they would offer the YZ in an XC version, Adjustable Power Valve, bigger tank, WR tranny, 18" rear wheel, they would break sales records.
Amen!

If this was available when I was making the transition to 2 strokes, I'd likely not have ended up here.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit9 View Post
If they would offer the YZ in an XC version, Adjustable Power Valve, bigger tank, WR tranny, 18" rear wheel, they would break sales records.

I would like a new steel frame too. Alum is just too rigid and I felt the vibrations way more on the Alum frame.
The olderYZ WRA 250 has a great wide ratio.....the current WR wheel set will bolt right up to the YZ.....It seems Yamaha could make this happen pretty easily. If they wanted too.
AMA D36
375X
OTHG
375S

***Thanks for the support : Twin Air /O'Neil Racing / Race 100% / Matrix Concepts / ODI / Mika Metals
Old 10-14-2013, 03:12 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

The South African yamaha dealers have been offering this setup for years. you can buy a brand new (in the broadest sense as it is basically a 10 year old design lol) yz250 with wr gearbox, weighted flywheel, long range tank, protection (bark busters, skid etc) 18" wheel (think this may be only for those guys that insist on it), suspension revalve and i think even a radiator fan.
I almost got this bike, but decided the GG was a better option as the YZ/WR is still an mx bike at heart and works for a more aggressive rider - it tends to rev up a lot quicker as soon as you loose traction. The GG was about 10$ cheaper as well!

Wade young rode the yz-f with this conversion and a 290 kit as well to a win at teh roof of africa 2012

This is what the new zealand GG rider Mitchell Nield rode at the last two Roof of Africa extreme enduros and they even fitted a headlight on it (battery was mounted behind the headlight). This guy is a machine though, he broke his collarbone on the time trial, skipped the second day and rode the last day for fun(??? broken collar bone!!) and finished in the top 30 having started last!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:08 PM

Would there be any way to make money by buying up a few new year yz250s and doing the conversion to xc and re selling as a new bike? Just wondering