Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 11-11-2017, 01:41 AM

Default Frame wanted

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I've been lurking around here for a few months now and found lots of great info. I purchased a 2005/6 ec300 earlier this year. Although I have never been without a bike since I was 12, this is
the first dirt bike I've owned or ridden in 35 years. The bike had been treated badly by the previous owner and it took a few months to get to the stage where I could get it registered. Done about 20 hours on it now.

Anyway to the point of the post. Last couple of rides I've felt there something not right with the handling so I put a string line on the wheels. Way out, and to get the alignment even close the measurement from swing arm pivot to rear axle was 5mm shorter on the right side. So I put a plum line on the wheels and found they are way out of plum.Looking further I found the frame broken on the right hand side a few inches above the swing arm pivot. I know it wasn?t broken when I replaced the swingarm bearings but it could have been cracked on the inside and I've not seen it. Also the top of the frame near the steering head on the left side looks like it?s taken a hit from the fork leg at some stage. From the rear it looks like the top part of the frame is pushed over to the right, the shock seems to lean to the right, you can see from the photo the frame is out of alignment at the break.

A friend is an expert welder so while I don?t think it will be a problem to repair the break, I have my doubts we will be able to get it true. So does anyone have a good frame they would be willing to part with?

Cheers Tony.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0232.JPG (119.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0236.JPG (118.0 KB, 43 views)

Old 11-11-2017, 11:51 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

I believe PEB has a frame for sale.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:30 PM

I saw that PEB had a couple of frames but I think the cost to freight 1 to Australia would be more than the bikes worth. I was hopping someone in oz might have one.
Can anybody tell me if a frame from a 2000 model would be the same?
Old 11-14-2017, 03:48 PM

I do indeed have two of them, but it would be ridiculously expensive to ship them down under.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:58 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEB View Post
I do indeed have two of them, but it would be ridiculously expensive to ship them down under.
But you could buy a whole lot of kit, boots etc to fill the inside of the frame and use the frame as the frame for the packaging that way you won’t pay duty on the frame hmmmmm!?
Old 11-18-2017, 05:29 PM

Good idea Matt but I just don't need anything else right now.
I've had the frame welded, the alignment still isn't great, but it will have to do until I can get another frame.
I may be able to get a 2000 model frame but I don't know if it would be suitable. Can anyone tell me if they are the same?
Old 11-18-2017, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

The frames were changed in '03, the motor mounts are different. Also, the front of the motor is tilted down.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:11 AM

I can look into shipping if you would like. I'd let the frame go for cheap, like $100 plus shipping? I just spent $180 to ship 4 rims to Texas from Seattle.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:21 AM

Thanks gasgasman. I'll give the 2000 frame a miss.
Thanks PEB, it would be interesting to find out, but only if you have some spare time. Might just ride it as is for a while and then look for a later model in better condition.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:35 PM

What is your postal area code?