Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > Other Bikes... > All Other Bikes...

All Other Bikes... KTM, Husky, VOR, Husaberg & Hondayamazuki...

Old 11-05-2014, 10:41 PM

The whole purpose of the bike is to provide a solid entry-level enduro/trail bike for less experienced/smaller statured/"not interested in a race bike" riders. The CrossTrainer has a full-featured 300 with a little pipe to knock off the muscle in the midrange that makes experienced riders grin and that scares the crap out of less experienced pilots.

The frame is new, lowering seat height another inch or so beyond standard Beta height, the plastic is new, and oil injection, like the standard estart (optional kickstart) is a creature comfort. Suspension is by RISV. Weight is projected to be 30 pounds lighter than a CRF230.

Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters

Old 11-06-2014, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
The whole purpose of the bike is to provide a solid entry-level enduro/trail bike for less experienced/smaller statured/"not interested in a race bike" riders. The CrossTrainer has a full-featured 300 with a little pipe to knock off the muscle in the midrange that makes experienced riders grin and that scares the crap out of less experienced pilots.

The frame is new, lowering seat height another inch or so beyond standard Beta height, the plastic is new, and oil injection, like the standard estart (optional kickstart) is a creature comfort. Suspension is by RISV. Weight is projected to be 30 pounds lighter than a CRF230.
As long as there is an optional kickstart. I reckon electric start only is a big mistake.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:06 AM
Site Sponsor

Default Beta Trainer & GasGas Cami

I had the privilege of walking around the entire show in Italy yesterday and had a chance to see the new "trainer". This bike has a lot of the same components that GG has in the "Cami" model that was introduced in July. The suspension is from the same company, braking components and most levers and items are of the same quality. Only main difference is the 300 2stroke versus the GG 250 4 stroke engine so its hard to compare as far as performance but in respects for beginners or trail riders they appear quite similar.

The Israeli importer is a past motocross champion from his country and he spoke very highly of the Cami in respects to reliability and performance. He has raced the cami in enduro and won the "A" class against the "standard" race machines and competition.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:25 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFasters View Post
I had the privilege of walking around the entire show in Italy yesterday and had a chance to see the new "trainer". This bike has a lot of the same components that GG has in the "Cami" model that was introduced in July. The suspension is from the same company, braking components and most levers and items are of the same quality. Only main difference is the 300 2stroke versus the GG 250 4 stroke engine so its hard to compare as far as performance but in respects for beginners or trail riders they appear quite similar.

The Israeli importer is a past motocross champion from his country and he spoke very highly of the Cami in respects to reliability and performance. He has raced the cami in enduro and won the "A" class against the "standard" race machines and competition.
I will get more specs when I have a chance, but the retail for the Cami in the US is $5,999
Old 11-09-2014, 12:56 PM

nevermind......

Last edited by john01; 11-09-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:04 PM

I ride a 2011 xc250. Here are the specs for the Beta XT and (for comparison) my bike: wheelbase (XT 57.8, GG 58.1), seat height (XT 35.8, GG 37.8), ground clearance (XT 12.6, GG not listed), dry weight (XT 218, GG 223 non e-start), suspension travel (XT 10.6, GG 12.2). These numbers come from each companies web site.
I really like this new Beta and if I were buying a new bike now it would be very high on my list of possibles. It would definitely fit my needs better than the KTM freeride or the Sherco XT. However I am not an inexperienced newby and I am not short of stature. If I was allowing myself to get older I would be all over the Beta XT like a duck on a junebug but thankfully (at 61 years young)I am getting fit and finding it easier to throw my leg over the greatest dirt bike in the world - the one I ride now.