Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust)

Enduro Engine 4 stroke (including EFI & Exhaust) 4 stroke engine, EFI, and exhaust discussion

Old 04-20-2008, 05:52 AM

Default Drowned 450

Hey all, Managed to turn my 06 450fse into a submarine today in a puddle that didnt really look that big. Managed to slap the kill switch before the airbox went under. Dragged it out tipped it up let all the water run out and fired it up with a bit of encouragement. 10 min later the bike stalled again pulled the air filter out and found a bit more water in there, from then on she no more go. still kicks over with both starer moter and kick starter, and still sounds all good but no fire.
What have other people dont to de-drown their 450s? i know the usual change oil, fuel, check spark plug. is there anything extra for the fuel injection or does someone have a little trick up their sleeve to get it going again?
Cheers

Old 04-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Banned

your going to have to check for spark ,fuel and compression first off.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:40 PM

There has been issues with one of the relays to the fuel injection.
I would possible replace these if they have been under water, this would depend on the relay type/build.
Also handy to have a spare relay in the bumbag if it turns out to be OK.

K
05 Pampera 250
Old 04-21-2008, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokesy View Post
Hey all, Managed to turn my 06 450fse into a submarine today in a puddle that didnt really look that big. Managed to slap the kill switch before the airbox went under. Dragged it out tipped it up let all the water run out and fired it up with a bit of encouragement. 10 min later the bike stalled again pulled the air filter out and found a bit more water in there, from then on she no more go. still kicks over with both starer moter and kick starter, and still sounds all good but no fire.
What have other people dont to de-drown their 450s? i know the usual change oil, fuel, check spark plug. is there anything extra for the fuel injection or does someone have a little trick up their sleeve to get it going again?
Cheers
This is exactly what happened to my uncles '06 FSE. It turned that after i got wet, one of the relays ended up completely fried. He had the same as you, the starter motor would whir away but nothing would happen.

Definitely check your relays and check the ecu board under your fuel tnak, make sure all the wires and stuff are ok.

'03 GasGas EC200 My bike
'89 Yamaha TT250 R.I.P - Lost in the Black Saturday Fires