Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 02-17-2024, 01:51 PM

Default Rekluse back to Manual

Some of yall might remember my post about the Rekluse delete. I was looking to go back to a manual since my new to me bike had the Rekluse EXP on it when i bought it. Well in the mean time i picked up a take off manual Gasser clutch. Since the weather here in TN turned to crap over night i decided to take out the Rekluse and put this manual on back in.

Part of the reasoning is also that i didnt know what i had with the Rekluse (eg. springs, model, basket? etc...) This gave me time to at least see what i did have, really hoping to have the Rekluse basket but nope. Anyway, since i had the complete clutch i pulled out the whole Rekluse clutch with the stock basket. I did measure all my fibers and steels that were on the Rekluse just to make sure it was in spec.

Next, i measured all my steels and fibers that i got from the take off clutch. I wasnt sure if it had Honda fibers or not (it did not). All the fibers spec'd out fine and also the steels except 2. All the steels measure between 1.50-1.51 except i had two magnums at 1.63 and 1.62. This put my stack at 32.83. I have no clue why these would be that much thicker. Needless to say as soon as i put the bike in gear it died even with the clutch lever fully engaged. I wasn't surprised, but being it was a take off i am surprised it ran on the other bike. So back to the garage.

I had purchased an RM thrust washer in anticipation of going with Honda fibers in the future. It measured 1.95mm as opposed to the stocker which was around 2.85mm. I pulled the hub, and put the RM washer on and buttoned it back up. Took her outside and my god this clutch is nice. I can one finger pull to engage, and it doesnt slip or drag at all. Just a 30 minute tester through the woods at the house, so nothing major but man its nice.

I maybe could get the same feel with the Rekluse but i would have to change out the engagement springs and check the wear on the wedges. It currently has 3 red 3 blue. I didn't mic the wedges for wear yet. Im not sure how long its been on the bike. I really wish i could find out who had the bike before the guy i bought it from. Im sure he was on this board. Anyway, im gonna ride the bike with the manual for a while and see if my carpal tunnel can handle it. So far so good though. It sure beats an old cable clutch.

Old 02-17-2024, 05:58 PM

Apparently we're almost neighbors as I live just south of the tn/ga border.

Anyways, I have an 11 ec300 that came to me with a rekluse auto. I tried a lot of things to get it to feel the way I wanted. In the end I ended up buying a rekluse manual pressure plate that was compatible with the rekluse basket already in it.

I haven't looked back. I guess for some people the auto clutch is useful but it just seemed to get in my way.
Old 02-17-2024, 07:18 PM

Where about?
Old 03-03-2024, 06:15 PM

FYI, the Tusk Honda cr250 clutch kit steels are 1.6mm, not 1.5mm. Fibers are still 3mm. It will take a little mix and match with GG steels or fibers to keep from dragging.
Old 03-04-2024, 02:09 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

I had a rekluse on my kx250 and was convinced i would fit it to all my future bikes. next bike was a 2010 EC300 and i never even considered a rekluse again. The rekluse did demonstrate the benefits of maintaining momentum over technical rocky sections, but that was an easy skill to carry across to the manual clutch
Old 03-10-2024, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wbdisco View Post
Where about?

Walker county Georgia, just south of Chattanooga.
Old 03-10-2024, 02:10 PM

I know it well, got a few friends down that way.