Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 03-18-2020, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
Glad you solved the main issue. Don't underestimate that 10mm is quite a lot.
Even if others will have a different opinion I would not change the forks sag (by using different springs and/or spacers) if it works good now.
9 out of 10 suspension problems come from the rear except a rider is far too heavy/light for the springs.

I had a huge imbalance shortly and I could not imagine what it was as I use good quality rim locks (still about 170 grams). Later I found out that the mousse was the case. Tried cheap Technomousse and it was the cause.

If you don't ride on public roads or a lot on tarmac balancing the wheels is nonsense in my opinion. From about 50 riders I know only one balances his wheels, but he is a dentist so I don't take him too serious

Considering what your nick name is, you are from Europe, right?

correct, i am from Belgium. Oh you're from the mountains of Austria :-D

if your mousse had imbalance, did you try spinning it 180 deg around to get the heavy side in the other side of the wheel,to get the heavy side of the mouse on the opposite side of the rim lock?
i still have about 100-150 grams of imbalance after my temp fix but it's ok now.
if this fix holds up till i wear this tire out, i'll try to balance my rim with rimlock and mousse ,without the tire mounted.
then get some better quality tires and see how to mount them after checking the imbalance on the new one.

Old 03-18-2020, 05:03 PM

hello,

What size razorback tyres are you using ?
Old 03-19-2020, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterbill View Post
hello,

What size razorback tyres are you using ?
80/100 R21 and 110/100 R18 not that many sizes to choose from.
don't have much experience on then yet but 1 ride on a field, they seem ok, hold well when turning especially the front.
but i think any fresh new tire with sharp nobbies will give you sufficient grip in soft soil. the differences will be found on both extremes such as hardpack or heavy mud.

time will tell if these fit ME. top level riders might find downsides of these cheaper tires, maybe a regular rider won't
if i'm ok with them, and wear is good, i'll get me another set,since price is hard to beat 69?/set
Old 03-19-2020, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannesd View Post
correct, i am from Belgium. Oh you're from the mountains of Austria :-D

if your mousse had imbalance, did you try spinning it 180 deg around to get the heavy side in the other side of the wheel,to get the heavy side of the mouse on the opposite side of the rim lock?
i still have about 100-150 grams of imbalance after my temp fix but it's ok now.
if this fix holds up till i wear this tire out, i'll try to balance my rim with rimlock and mousse ,without the tire mounted.
then get some better quality tires and see how to mount them after checking the imbalance on the new one.
Sorry, I was dumb not seeing that it says "Belgium" in the right top corner. I live near Vienna, so not so may mountains here, but enduro riding is strictly forbidden here so we only ride in Hungaria. Its only 70km to the border for me.

Yes, I turned the mousse 180? and it was night and day difference. Unfortunately the mousse fell apart after the next ride I have heard that the Razorbacks are very cheap but there are much, much better tires available, but they are of course a lot more expensive.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
Sorry, I was dumb not seeing that it says "Belgium" in the right top corner. I live near Vienna, so not so may mountains here, but enduro riding is strictly forbidden here so we only ride in Hungaria. Its only 70km to the border for me.

Yes, I turned the mousse 180? and it was night and day difference. Unfortunately the mousse fell apart after the next ride I have heard that the Razorbacks are very cheap but there are much, much better tires available, but they are of course a lot more expensive.
enduro forbidden in all of austria or just your surroundings?
Old 03-21-2020, 04:31 AM

Quote:
80/100 R21 and 110/100 R18 not that many sizes to choose from.
don't have much experience on then yet but 1 ride on a field, they seem ok, hold well when turning especially the front.
but i think any fresh new tire with sharp nobbies will give you sufficient grip in soft soil. the differences will be found on both extremes such as hardpack or heavy mud.

time will tell if these fit ME. top level riders might find downsides of these cheaper tires, maybe a regular rider won't
if i'm ok with them, and wear is good, i'll get me another set,since price is hard to beat 69?/set
I have been thinking about getting these tyres but I've bought some Michelin enduro medium instead. I got a good discount on them. These are mounted on a spare set of wheels, I will use them purely for tracks. My other wheels also have the same tyres fitted , I will use these ones for green lanes with a bit of road work to get between the lanes.

The new tyres are have direction arrows on them , but if you turn them around the tread pattern is the same!

I had 6 days tyres with mooses, didn't like the front at all , kept falling away. Thought it was the tyre, but it was where the moose had shrunk and not holding tyre properly.

Cheers.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:11 PM

right, so i went out for a small testride (after squish adjustment during confinement) and still noticed some nervous steering at somewhat higher speeds. suspension settings are bone stock. what if i increase rebound on the forks, could that calm steering down?
Old 05-07-2020, 04:36 PM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

dropping the forks may stabilize it at higher speeds, at the cost of reducing tighter steering
Old 05-08-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swazi_matt View Post
dropping the forks may stabilize it at higher speeds, at the cost of reducing tighter steering
that's what i did, just need to test this before i start experimenting with clickers
Old 05-10-2020, 04:47 PM

Quote:
that's what i did, just need to test this before i start experimenting with clickers
forks deeper thrue the triple clamps didn't give the needed stability. more rebound did (front + back)...more testing to be done with even more rebound, i'm at +4 clicks stiffer on the rebound from stock settings.