Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzagas View Post
Attachment 2035 Seat off, battery (tool) box and air filter

Attachment 2036 Rear fender undertray

Attachment 2037 Brake pedal

Attachment 2038 Lower frame rails with mounting points for skid plate

Attachment 2039 Gear lever side (chain roller behind frame spar)

Thanks to Phillip at http://www.htmoffroad.com/
Thanks for the pics! Looks as if they molded finger holds under the fender into the plastic.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!

Old 01-25-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
I did just to see how hard it was.
One bolt to get the seat off.
Four bolts to get the battery box out of the way.
Then there is a huge opening to actually take the a/f out of the box.
With electric tools it is only slightly slower than the older bikes.
Does it appear the battery box could be left out if not e start equipped or does it look as if that is part of the sub frames design for strength? Speed for air filter changes has never really been an issue for me. If it's a crazy dust race just filter skin up and pull the rip.

Huge thanks: GAS GAS OFFROAD US, Skagit Powersports, Cycle Gear, LTRacing, Scorpion Racing, users of GasGasrider.org, and CFMC!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyR View Post
If you look in the first picture there appears to a bag of stuff waiting to be put on. I bet the plate is in the bag.

I assume that Clay got tired after putting the front wheel and handlebars on. I am sure the old boy needed a nappy nap before he could finish building the bike.
Too funny! I'm leaning toward he was probably so busy showing it off and talking bike to finish it up. Next thing he knew the beer was gone and the sun was going down.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:25 PM

http://translate.google.com/translat...furious.com%2F

http://www.befurious.com/

Quote:
After the opportunity provided Gas last week to test its range 2012 decided to propose to two of our pilots that go up to the new factory in Girona enduro ranges 2 and 4 times this season. Gas out late to market their bikes, but not detract from their mounts, Roger Sanlleh? driver and reigning World Cup of Cross Country and Catalonia Albert Iniesta, a passionate amateur enduro, tell us your impressions.

The site chosen for Gas for the presentation and test their models 2012 was the green channel of Moi?, all enduro models were brand available to our pilots, and although they could thoroughly test all units (10 bikes ), in a morning is difficult, basically focused on the small four-stroke Gas Gas now called 250YR and 250 and 300 2 stroke. Try in the coming days to put a few impressions of the highly-anticipated 450 Ga Gas Ivan Cervantes is developing since last Tuesday January 17 this year running at the National and World Enduro.

We tested 10 models from the new 4-stroke Gas Gas 250YR up to 7 250 / 300 2-stroke models

At 10 am the temperature on the green channel was -2 degrees, something that certainly did not help early in the morning to get the best performance on a path that ran along the shady areas of the forest and a motorcycle others, but our pilots took sonbre good and practical conclusions about bikes that had not yet come to light only sparingly and not in its final form as the one they have had the opportunity to have hands.

250YR Gas 2012:
Sanllehi Roger: "It's a bike that attracts a lot for your line and its aesthetics, very accomplished, incorporating the engine of the Yamaha WR archiprobado 250-F and Gas old chassis that so many victories and good times has given his hardcore users. In the configuration that we tested, fresh off the production line, it is still a heavy bike as it influences that series is a powerful little bike, but with several changes can be much looser and earn some more mordant.

As for riding suspension unit I tested, Marzocchi front and Ohlins rear, I must say they were quite soft, and its factory settings are obviously intended for amateur enduro directed or focused to fight to achieve a lap low in a timed special, but I understand that it is logical, since it is harder to find amateur optimal settings that an experienced driver that is usually supported by people who know the art of rigging and mechanics in general.

A low rate and half the ride is very comfortable, easy and comfortable, but if you demand the most from the small four-stroke you realize that neither the engine nor fall short suspensions must make some profound changes. In short, a bike very suitable for low and medium, including medium-high, but you need extra help to get the highest level. "

"In the 250YR you can get an extra game but needs to be at a level of competition"

Albert Iniesta: "I started the day testing the 250 4T and in addition to being a tad stiff for being the first, you quickly realize that it is an entirely new frame that goes with it, lack of smoothness of the engine and rolled or the lack of adjustment of the suspension, I think something inevitable. For me, the driving position was very good, but the only seat I found was somewhat soft. A speedometer panel noted for its good visibility and lots of information but perhaps too large and unnecessary for an enduro bike. With 2 degrees below zero and the aydua manual choke carburetor, the bike started to perfection and the first, but by how cold it was had to be a good time online.

We had a good test track with steep climbs and descents, where Nissin brakes worked to perfection and later on the slopes and other areas of artificial extreme motocross bike behaved perfectly. The engine responds very well, although it is true that I found very short the first two speeds, which can make it difficult to pull in some complicated area, but the change is very smooth and the gears mesh very well, even rising and lowering them at high revs and no clutch. In short, I think it's an ideal bike for you do not want to complicate your life and go have fun, hard, tough, but it lacks the extra power, which has a solution and above all we must adapt and play some suspensions for them to taste of each series are quite soft. "

"The 250YR is comfortable and easy, give great sensations, its seat and the first two marches for improvement"

Gas Gas EC 250 / 300 2 stroke 2012:

Roger Sanlleh?: "In the two-stroke cylinder there are three models that would be summarized in two: Standard and Racing, and the third is simply a standard with electric start. The model has surprised me because Racing very good standard accessories for use in competition, items that they can benefit substantially as the dual cartridge Marzocchi fork and Ohlins rear the reliable also comes standard with a handlebar Renthal Twin Wall , box Twin Air filter and various other things. Racing In this model there is no choice of electric start not to increase the weight of the bike. Another thing I liked is that 2T models are the new chrome-moly chassis that is higher than the former and a new subframe reinforced plastic.

My feeling with the 2-stroke Gas Gas were very similar, where you see nothing but get on the driving position is quite high and where the bike stands a great feeling of lightness and a steering angle quite closed. If you notice that in standard models the front suspension was hard and dry and it was hard enough to enter the curve, the bike did not you put it all easy, but it is nothing final liability which can not be arranged in 10 minutes and modifying small changes realziando and adapting to personal settings. Those yes, obviously Racing models performance was better and the bike was more stable and more predictable reactions.

Regarding the engine, the 300 I really liked is very crowded at all the bands, it delivers power and if you ask and answer is to find something that is appreciated for all that you are an obstacle unpredictable, while the 250 reactions require a little more aggressive, which is logical for the smaller displacement, intrinsic to what they want most loyal users of 250. The 250 requires you to have to spin the finest and have to carry the gear and the proper speed if you want to falls and motor out of trouble, something that continues to be normal pint. In short, a good feeling and only achacar?a the problem of suspensions in the standard model, but we're talking about a standard bike and insist that is easily solved. "

"Great sense of lightness. The engine of the 300 is fine, a but, the setting of suspensions "

Albert Iniesta: "As for the two times I started to test the 250 2T Standard on the same route as the 250F, which has more than proven motor and which rises only by either party. Broadly speaking is a very light bike and easy to carry. It started with the lever to the first with no problem and hardly do just strength, very soft and comfortable. The bike went trialeras area with a second gear and SISNE Undeterred by his powerful bass without gas and just give a lot of traction. Transmits real good feeling and you put things very easy.

On the track the engine asks you joy in the fist to go fast and take advantage of high speed, where truly enjoy this 250 and where he draws his full potential. The bike also is noteworthy that goes quite well in the corners and helps a lot to get her brakes you have. Specifically, the front brake hard and brake very well and gives you some confidence before reaching the turn. It rocks in the area of ​​the bike with little gas passes smoothly despite the suspension of the standard model were a little harsh.

The differences with the 250 Racing 2T are great, I liked it a lot more than the standard model and clearly works better, exclusive components make the difference. The engine has basntante more lively and more cheerful and fun than the Standard. The bike also features a keypad for selecting power curve below left radiator, which to suit the user can give you a choice between a more aggressive or softer to go easy or more difficult terrain or slippery.

In conclusion, the two-stroke Gas Gas bikes archiprobadas are very effective, fun and respect worthy. The only but I have found is that I did not like the quality of plastics and other minor details like the fins of the radiators that are anchored with bushings, as in a fall or a single branch of a tree can make the fin comes loose and you have to stop to put it within them. "

"The Racing 250/300 is a real gem quality components are noted and the bike is going well"

Although later in time, the new Gas Gas does not detract, but as always, range 2 days, is well above its offer valve engine models, something that the factory intends to be corrected and matching step by step in the coming years, focusing on the development of its promising 450 Yamaha engine although for three years certainly does not detract.

On the other hand, large jewelry evolved and appreciated in half the world at 250 and 300 2 times which is still produced in Salt. A safe bet for value mix engines Catalan company once again be a leader in the segment. Thank you very much Roger and Albert Sanlleh? Iniesta for their invaluable collaboration with Befurious.com
Old 01-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Late yesterday I got the word that our friends at US Customs were done with the bike.
This what it looked like?
Old 01-25-2012, 10:15 PM

That auto translation was a painful read.

I'm liking that frame, really beefed up where it counts. Funny, recently a friend with a new KTM400 commented how fragile his bike seemed compared to his old one, due to all the weight saving measures like thin brackets, etc.

The skid plate mounts are great too. It will be easy to adapt a Hyde as long as it fits the general contour of the frame cradle.

Shock spring a 5.2 like what was said earlier? I don't need the extra seat height but it is what it is and I'll get used to it. Still not as tall as a Husky by the specs.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:44 AM

Location: From Swaziland, Now Hamilton New Zealand the “look but don’t touch” enduro heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasgasman View Post
This what it looked like?
with a bike that pretty you would think the least they could do is sand and varnish the pine crate it sits on!!
Old 01-26-2012, 07:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
Does it appear the battery box could be left out if not e start equipped or does it look as if that is part of the sub frames design for strength? Speed for air filter changes has never really been an issue for me. If it's a crazy dust race just filter skin up and pull the rip.
The factory sent out a tech bulletin that said the battery box had to remain because it was a structural part of the frame. Also, the seat has a lip that goes under a catch on the battery box. There is a catch at the front of the seat on the gas tank and a bolt at the back of the seat. I'm sure there will be guys who try to rig something up to go in place of the bbox but, according to the factory, this should not be done.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVERUP View Post
Too funny! I'm leaning toward he was probably so busy showing it off and talking bike to finish it up. Next thing he knew the beer was gone and the sun was going down.
Rocher.....Obviously Reverup is much smarter than you are!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Man that thing does look gooood doesn't it.

A lot of people that were long time GG riders did comment about the seat height.
Clay are you competing with the bike soon? Like to here your ride report.
07 TXT 280
77 TY175
Closed Thread