Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Chassis & Body

Enduro Chassis & Body Enduro Frame, Plastic, Brakes, Bars, Controls, wheels, tires, sprockets & gearing.

Old 09-07-2023, 08:01 PM

Default What plastics?

Hi guys. I'm currently in the process of making my bike look much nicer than the bag of crap it was.
It's going to be a long process to get it where I want it to be but I'd like to get out on it once in a while as I've hardly ever ridden it and it's doing my head in just sitting there. I've got it as far as it needs to be to get an MOT on it but the plastics are dog rough and the decals just won't stick to such damaged plastics. I've already wasted 50 quid on a OEM decal kit that just peeled off after 24 hours. I woud like to put a fresh set of decals onto some brand new plastics to just tart it up for a bit whilst I gather the cash and parts I need to make it exactly how I want it.
The problem I have is that the plastic set for the 2007 model seems to be hard to get and more expensive than say the plastics for a 2010. They are definitely more expensive than a current 2022-2023 model which I just find astounding. Sourcing parts for this bike has been expensive and difficult thus far.
So my question is, would the plastics from any other years fit my 2007 EC250?
Any information would be thankfully received.
Kind regards, Sam.

Old 09-07-2023, 10:11 PM

You can switch to the '11 style plastics fairly easy as the mounting points and seat are physically the same. You can get a kit from Motocrosscenter.com with the air box inlet and then buy the headlight lens and it's mounting kit separately. They have several options available: https://www.motocrosscenter.com/shop...-with-stickers

BTW, I have ordered from them many times without issue. Matter of fact, most of the parts on my '11, including the plastics/graphics, came from there.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg forumsize.jpg (127.6 KB, 23 views)
'11 EC250R
'98 KDX220