Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Product Announcements

Enduro Product Announcements Announce new gasgas enduro products here - Vendors Welcome...

Old 05-16-2019, 08:01 AM

interesting. I am most excited to try this again if you guys are actually having success with it. Oil changes are quick since I moved the bracket and drilled an access hole but the plate is noisy now and sometimes there's an oily smell to the bike because of the residue that I miss in clean up. Cheers

Old 05-16-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzhitshard View Post
interesting. I am most excited to try this again if you guys are actually having success with it. Oil changes are quick since I moved the bracket and drilled an access hole but the plate is noisy now and sometimes there's an oily smell to the bike because of the residue that I miss in clean up. Cheers
Show that bitch who's boss!
Old 05-16-2019, 12:43 PM

Thanks guys. I guess I'll find out how it works on my bike (2018 250XC). I ordered the red Xtreme plate from Moto Center and should have it in the next few days!
Old 05-16-2019, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Another trick if you have a hole cut for oil drains is to use an old dunny roll. Put a slit in it and fit it in and slide it up against the engine. Will redirect any run off or splatter down vs into the bash plate!

Wait for the.. what's a dunny roll?
Old 05-16-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakobi View Post
Another trick if you have a hole cut for oil drains is to use an old dunny roll. Put a slit in it and fit it in and slide it up against the engine. Will redirect any run off or splatter down vs into the bash plate!

Wait for the.. what's a dunny roll?
Haha I had to read that twice when I saw 'slit'!
Old 05-28-2019, 08:05 AM

Put my skid plate over the weekend. There was no way in hell it was going on with the pipe in the way so I took the extra few minutes and removed the pipe which really was no big deal. Even with the pipe out of the way I really had to man handle it to get those hooks over to the rear frame but I eventually got it on and it's a very nice snug fit! I already put it through the test over some downed trees and it worked out GREAT. Here are a few closeups, the red color is a nice touch.

Old 06-25-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawbagga View Post
Show that bitch who's boss!
I'll be dagum'd. I got it on, and off with minimal effort without removing the pipe.
All I can say is that it's obviously bedded in a bit in the past 60+ hours. I nearly benchpressed the whole bike putting it on the first time, and that was with the rear clamps only attached on a single thread.

When the crank bearing went out I pulled the skid again, lickity split to ensure I wasn't picking up any noise from it rattling.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:34 AM

Quote:
I'll be dagum'd. I got it on, and off with minimal effort without removing the pipe.
All I can say is that it's obviously bedded in a bit in the past 60+ hours. I nearly benchpressed the whole bike putting it on the first time, and that was with the rear clamps only attached on a single thread.

When the crank bearing went out I pulled the skid again, lickity split to ensure I wasn't picking up any noise from it rattling.
Yeah after 130ish hours mine is getting a bit loose. Pretty easy to get on & off now. It's had a hard life though! Coupla big zip ties should keep it snug.
Old 07-02-2021, 11:03 PM

Just thought I would update this. Recently bought the axp, currently trying to fit it - the fitment is absolutely terrible.

Seems like a good quality product but getting those hooks on the rear of the bike...no success yet.

Think I might return it, not like it's a cheap product!
Old 07-03-2021, 09:44 PM

I struggled the first few times, but you get the hang of it eventually. The hooks take some concentration to get in

Tags
2018, 2019, axp, ec300, skid plate