Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2019, 02:47 PM

Default Severe clutch problem EC 300 2019

After I had squealing/juddering problems I replaced the friction and steel plates plus I installed a Rekluse basket, the same that is used on the 2018 GP models.
While the squealing is gone another problem appeared and is getting worse.

My bike always had a slight clutch drag which didn't change with the new clutch. Today, after riding about 25 minutes I took a rest in the shadow for about 2 minutes. Started the bike and when I put first (or second) gear in it immediately leaped forward and died. I then tried to re-start it in gear but it immediately wanted to roll away and died. I tried this about ten times but no joy. Then let it idle for about a minute and whacked the throttle a few times the problem was gone.

It did that several times but I was unable to find out why. It did it with the engine warm, cold and hot. It was worst when I shut off the engine for a minute or two. It would not do it when the engine stalled and I immediately started it (in gear). As I had an identical bike at hand I found some differences.

On my bike the clutch pull is definitely lighter as on my friends bike.

When on both bikes the clutch levers are adjusted as far as possible from the bars and I pull the lever fully in, I can release the lever a tad more than half an inch on my friends bike and nothing happens but on mine it would almost immediately leap forward when releasing the lever just a hair from the bars...

So I think his slave cylinder moves the pushrod further than mine, the question is why.
I bled the system twice. First time as usual, second time with slave off the bike and piston fully pushed back. But nothing changed

What is confusing me is the parts fiche that shows the slave cylinder AND an o-ring with part number ME25632024. Where should that o-ring sit?

I also saw one drop of hydraulic oil coming from the gap between piston and cylinder when I pushed the piston fully back, but it seems the system does not lose oil. When I had the slave off I did not see an o-ring like in the parts fiche but I saw a black, flat rubber (?) between piston and cylinder.

I am stumped, so ordered a new slave for testing.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Doc Brown; 08-07-2019 at 03:23 PM.