Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 05-10-2018, 05:14 AM

Unhappy SM 125 clutch problem

So i recently went to switch the front sprocket on my gas gas sm 125 halley 2009 and by mistake pressed the clutch lever while the slave cylinder was off.
Some oil seeped out and i put it back together and have tried to bleed the system multiple times, reverse bleed with a syringe, new oil. Nothing... the clutch doesnt work at all. It feels like normal and has good pressure when i press the lever but it still won't work. I drove it the same day and have been the past 3 weeks. (its the same clutch as in an ec 125 and it uses mineral oil)

Don't know what im supposed to do right now, any help is appreciated.

Old 05-10-2018, 06:57 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Could some part have fallen out? E.g. a small ball?

"So you know, that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill" (Little Feat: Old Folks Boogie)

2015 EC200 Racing: TE bars, Rekluse Core Exp 3.0, 38mm Lectron & Ohlins S3 steering damper
2006 EC200: 2011 plastics, Rekluse Z-Start, revalved KYB forks & Scotts steering damper
1998 Bimota Supermono
1986 Duc Mille S2
1975 Guzzi sidecar hack
1961 Morini Corsaro 125
etc
Old 05-10-2018, 07:08 AM
Platinum Level Site Supporter

It sounds like you still have air in the system. Air can hide in nooks and crannies like the banjo bolts.

First - I would take off the slave cylinder and tap it lightly while changing orientation with the hose end up to try to shake loose any bubbles so it can float up the hose.

Second - I would change the orientation of the master cylinder so the cover is level front to rear and at a slight upward angle on the outside. We are trying to make it easy for air to come out the hole in the master. With the cover off the master, tap the master cylinder with a plastic screwdriver handle or piece of wood while slightly depressing the clutch lever to see if you can get any air out of the master.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Could some part have fallen out? E.g. a small ball?
Its plausible but i didnt notice anything pop out, should there be a second ball that pushes the small rod in the middle? There is a ball on the slave cylinder piston, but that one is stuck there.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman View Post
It sounds like you still have air in the system. Air can hide in nooks and crannies like the banjo bolts.

First - I would take off the slave cylinder and tap it lightly while changing orientation with the hose end up to try to shake loose any bubbles so it can float up the hose.

Second - I would change the orientation of the master cylinder so the cover is level front to rear and at a slight upward angle on the outside. We are trying to make it easy for air to come out the hole in the master. With the cover off the master, tap the master cylinder with a plastic screwdriver handle or piece of wood while slightly depressing the clutch lever to see if you can get any air out of the master.
We have tried to air the system in all sorts of ways, so right now im thinking its not air in the system but something else.

Tags
125, clutch, not working