Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > GasGas Enduro Technical Forums > Enduro Engine - 2 stroke

Enduro Engine - 2 stroke Cylinder, Piston, Tranny, Bearings, Clutch, Pipes & Silencers, etc.

Old 12-05-2015, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

Agree with those above. When you're working with such little compression volume the configuration of a particular gauge can have a massive influence on the outputted result.

For instance, my 250's engines have been setup with squish at 1.25mm. One runs 14:1 UCCR. The other I had machined to 13:1 UCCR to try and increase some top end and overrev.

My particular comp gauge uses an adapter (adds volume). I haven't checked where to see if it also includes the volume of the pipe up to the gauge either. For the higher comp setup I will only blow around 150psi on a freshly broken in engine. On the lower comp I get 140-145psi. I use this to monitor losses, but even then there are a lot of variables to consider - atmospheric changes, how hard you kick, etc.

Ring ends on the other hand never lie. No real substitute for measuring them.

Speaking of which, I measured my lower comp setup recently. Has dropped around 20psi (approx. 15%). Still starts easy enough, and runs like beast in the top end but has lost its off idle and mid range snap. Approx 65hrs. Time for a new slug!