Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:13 PM

Default Bike registration issues - paging the GG importer

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by Bailey28; 02-03-2011 at 12:33 PM.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:52 PM

Bailey, its time to call your representative, because what you've described is typical DMV BS!

The MSO doesn't list a CC, but it has the horsepower and a model number that implicitly states the size of the engine. However, don't recall ever seeing an MSO or title with displacement. That includes GasGas' from the previous importer, and a handful of titles I have in my filing cabinet.

You can reach Clay at 404-223-4646 or by emailing him at clay@ggor.us. How you plan on reaching your state representative is up to you.
Steven Beane #275
PlusOnePerformance - Superior Service the World Over - Dearborn MI
AMA District 14 (Michigan) Officer

afterhourscycle.com
Michigan's Beta and TM Race Headquarters
Old 02-03-2011, 08:18 AM

Last edited by Bailey28; 02-03-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Laser printers allow you to match the font more closely...
I haven't thought about trying to get my registered in tx, but that would be fun! I guess you would have to carry some pre-mix around?
Old 02-03-2011, 09:38 AM

This is just typical DMV BS that is getting worse all the time. MSOs have been the same for years like twowheels states. Considering the way things are going in this country (downhill), it would not surprise me if it all heads in the direction of NJ where a registration is impossible unless the bike is on the list of those homolagated for street use.

Its not Clay's fault. You guys buyng race bikes, any race bikes, should do your homework first on what is required in your state if a legit plate is needed.

Just be happy you can ride without looking over your shoulder for the man.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:58 AM

Last edited by Bailey28; 02-03-2011 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Gold Level Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP View Post

Just be happy you can ride without looking over your shoulder for the man.
Slightly off topic, but here in washington, many are seriously considering riding in closed areas as there is no enforcement.

It is getting crazy, last year the legislature took all of the ORV tag money from Dept. of Natural Resources and gave it to the state parks (~$10M worth). Only problem, there is only one state park in washington that allows ORV's.

Back on topic, here they have targeted and taken all license plates from most KTM's. I think it is a matter of time before they target us to.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:16 AM

We have been plagued with liberals and their policies running this state for awhile. They have no use for us or our sport, it does not fit the agenda. Proposed off road parks shot down, ATV registration funds diverted. We have NO legal place to ride. Races are by special permit on state land, and over the years the over breeding of lawyers has scared a lot of private land away.

If the current administration had their way, you'd be lucky to ride your electric scooter to your job in an LED light bulb factory.

Eventually you will be outlaws like me, or just give it up, which is what they want.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey28 View Post
the nice lady said the GG is not on the "list". BTW, she said that because of my request, they are adding GG to the list. So I hopefully am paving the way for more in Florida at least to get their GG on the road. They still don't have a clue as to what an EC300 is....

The technical term they used at the DMV was "adding the line". What that means is the dealer who gets the bikes is supposed to call the head DMV and add the line (GG) to the list so we can register our bikes.

Two things they were picky about, the CC and the odometer verification on the back of the MCO.
I was the first to register an '11 GG in IN. They had to add XC250 to their data base but had Gas Gas in there already. I also hit a snag on the odometer statement but got through it by signing that the odo was not "actual mileage".
Old 02-03-2011, 10:57 AM

Clay addressed this somewhat in another thread (I think it was the 'new suggestions' one). In order to get the Fed Emisisons Compliance sticker GG has to do a huge amount of testing and a 2t won't pass, therefore they can bypass this by listing it as 'off road' only. As owners we have to deal with this status locally and maybe get around it; that's why the tailight stuff gets shipped in the box but not installed like in other countries. Here in CA you've got no real chance of ever getting one of these regg'd (I tried); they're not on the list which requires a CHP or DMV verification: if it doesn't have an odo that's a red flag; a missing, unreadable or 'off road only' emissions sticker will make it impossible to reg for the street.

Sucks but that's the way it is.....

If riding is outlawed only outlaws will ride.

Hopefully you can get this sorted in FL.