Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum  

Go Back   Rieju & GasGas Legacy Riders Club Forum > General Forums > General Discussions & Announcements

General Discussions & Announcements General Announcements, General Questions, e.g. What bike do I buy?, etc.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:52 PM

Default Nat. Enduro

Any scuttlebut on the Sumnter National Enduro yet?

Old 01-27-2008, 06:23 PM

Somebody must the the results? I read over on KTM Talk that Lafferty was leading at the 1/2 way point but nothing since.

How did the new GG boys from N.E. do I wonder?

Skidad in MA
Old 01-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Full results here.Be patient, takes a while to download.

http://www.moto-tally.com/nepg/Resul...08&EID=1&vT=CT
Old 01-27-2008, 07:31 PM

looks like billy b. finished 6th A 200,jim s. finished 19th pro class
Old 01-27-2008, 10:06 PM

GG rider results

Jim Senecal 19th Pro class and 36th overall. Points dropped 43

Billy Burns 6th A 200 class and 54th overall. Points dropped 54

Curt Comer 9th A Super Senior 164th overall. Points dropped 79

Overall winner Mike Lafferty dropped 18 points

Can't wait to hear a full report of the event.

Skidad in MA
Old 01-28-2008, 05:12 AM

sumter results. go to www.moto-tally.com
Old 01-28-2008, 08:45 AM

Default national report

Wow, Lafferty and Bobbitt are fast!

Now I'll talk about the Gas Gas 200EC and 250MC. Jim loved his bike and said that the power was great. I'll leave the rest up to him to post. As for the 200EC, anybody who doesn't buy one is crazy! The mid range power was so good. The bike felt really narrow and light. It handles really well and went through the tight stuff so easily. LTR Racing did the suspensions on both bikes. They were just a little stiff at first but we softened them up as we went and by the end of the day they were great. Mark from Go-Fasters is working on getting me a little more low end power but only because I like to ride a gear high with a rekluse clutch and need that extra pull down low. I am 100% confident in the overall package of the Gas Gas 200. With the help of GoFasters we will get it dialed in and then I hope to get some good results in the national series. It is a ten race series so we will add the points up in the end. I have do doubt that we will be in the hunt in the A 200 class, the bike is that good. Yesterday's 6th place was because of my body hitting a wall in section 3 (at mile 50) I recovered thanks to Mark, who worked on the suspension all day to dial it in. He did and we made it the distance with ease.

Thank you to everyone who helped make this past weekend possible and to everyone who wished us good luck. I promise that we will make you proud and we will get the Gas Gas name to the front of the pack.

PS. Boy does a body hurt after 3 months of not being on a bike. There is nothing like riding when it comes to conditioning.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:36 AM

Congrats on a great ride

I can't imagine coming from a winter state and being plunked right into a national enduro on a never ridden bike with everyone watching. That's some pressure for sure. You did great and glad to hear you liked the bike also.

It's hard for me to comprehend how those guys can go that fast. It's sick!!

Were you using the Rekluse in the 200???

Skidad in MA
Old 01-28-2008, 03:52 PM

Default Sumter Nat'l

Hi all – new to this forum, but wanted to chime in on yesterday’s race. It was great meeting Billy and Jim this weekend and I expect we’ll see some super results for GasGas from them this season. As Billy mentioned, Mark from GoFasters took care of all the GasGas riders and there seemed to be significant interest in the bikes from everyone who came by.

I too am kinda sore today – that was one whooped out sand race! 9th in class was not what I hoped for at the opening round of the season, but unfortunately had a freak thing happen in the first section that took me way too long to diagnose. The ignition wire terminal unplugged itself from the coil and no more spark! An easy fix, but nevertheless, a lesson learned the hard way and I spent the rest of the day trying to claw my way back from last place in class!

Other than the little problem early on, the bike was perfect. Plenty of smooth power and exceptional torque to pull taller gears in the sand and whoops. Handling was spot on too – so looking forward to the next round.

Thanks also to Aiken Motorcycle Sales in Aiken, SC for the clothing deal for this race and to Jason Griffin (2006 AMA Sportsman of the year) for pitting for me in SC.

Curt Comer
GG EC300
GG TX280
Old 01-28-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidad View Post
Congrats on a great ride

I can't imagine coming from a winter state and being plunked right into a national enduro on a never ridden bike with everyone watching. That's some pressure for sure. You did great and glad to hear you liked the bike also.

It's hard for me to comprehend how those guys can go that fast. It's sick!!

Were you using the Rekluse in the 200???

Skidad in MA
Know I didn't run it at this race. GoFasters brought it with them but we decided not to put it in yet. When we get the low end figured out I'll run it but I'm going to wait until then. My guess is that I'll have it in for round 3. Mark tore my motor appart after the race and took it back to send it out. I like my bike perfect and when we figure it out it will be one awesome bike.